Major League Baseball 2K8 Wii controls detailed

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
After first being announced for “multiple platforms,” it was in December last year that the first official confirmation of Major League Baseball’s development for the Nintendo Wii appeared. Today brings us details on how the title will work with the Wii’s motion controls, as well as a number of other details.

The last of 2K Sports’ Major League Baseball titles was released for the Nintendo GameCube in 2006, (Take Two ignoring the console the following year due to a poor install base, we assume), but with the popularity of the Nintendo Wii, the series is back with a bang.

The Wii’s motion controls, of course, are what differentiate the title from its counterparts, and the first details of these have been uncovered.

Unlike in Wii Sports, the Wii Remote is held vertically to swing, with a full ‘real-life’ swinging gesture not necessary to play properly. As you’d expect, the faster you move the Wii Remote, the harder your player will hit the ball. Aiming your hit is controlled via the Nunchuck’s analog stick, while a bunt is performed by pressing the A button and pointing the Wii Remote in the desired direction.

Some of the new features and added content in Major League Baseball 2K8 include:

* Total Pitch Control — A new, innovative pitching interface that allows players to emulate the realistic motion of pitching a live baseball.
* Swing Stick 2.0 — Improved batting controls that offer players unparalleled ball-to-bat contact that will be determined by timing, direction and pitch location for a greater variety of realistic hits, including grounders, blooper singles, dribblers, gappers, long home runs and more using the right analog stick.
* All-New Baserunning — Simplified controls that allow fans to easily select players and guide them toward specified bases with ease.
* Full Minor Leagues — Fans will be treated to 90 authentic minor league teams, along with 18 minor league stadiums in franchise and exhibition modes.
* Two of the best Commentators in the Business — 2K Sports proudly brings back to the broadcast booth the popular duo of Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan, delivering the most entertaining and deepest commentary available in any baseball franchise.

“With Major League Baseball 2K8, our goal was to bring fans of the Major League Baseball 2K series closer to the exciting baseball action than ever before,” said Ben Brinkman, Executive Producer of the Major League Baseball 2K franchise. “We read the message boards and forums, and spoke to MLB® players in an effort to deliver realism and tap into what the fans want in a baseball video game. From the new pitching system, and fielding and baserunning controls, to a completely overhauled batting interface, and addition of a robust Minor League™ system, Major League Baseball 2K8 will deliver players a fun experience they will want to play year round.”

Currently scheduled for release on March 03 in North America

linkage

Sweet stuff.
I assume this means online as well then, as it also included Minor League teams?
I hope so anyways.

that does not mean there is online play...i made a thread the other day. it was a introduction to this game. it was a message from 2k saying the features. in the message it says something like " Not all features are in each version" Which means wii version. For example. Playable minor league teams are in all versions.. except wii.. in nintendo power it has some info on this game, talks about the controls and says you cant play minor league teams. it doesnt say anything about online. I cant find anything about online for wii version. I called 2k and spoke to somone, he didnt know much about mlb 2k8. When i asked if the wii version will have online. he said he was not sure.. which doesnt sound good. So when it comes to the stances, online and other features that sound great. Im not letting myself think its there. Then if it is, it will be a plus.

this is the thread i made
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/51439-mlb-2k8-no-online.html

Wiitime said:
that does not mean there is online play...i made a thread the other day. it was a introduction to this game. it was a message from 2k saying the features. in the message it says something like " Not all features are in each version" Which means wii version. For example. Playable minor league teams are in all versions.. except wii.. in nintendo power it has some info on this game, talks about the controls and says you cant play minor league teams. it doesnt say anything about online. I cant find anything about online for wii version. I called 2k and spoke to somone, he didnt know much about mlb 2k8. When i asked if the wii version will have online. he said he was not sure.. which doesnt sound good. So when it comes to the stances, online and other features that sound great. Im not letting myself think its there. Then if it is, it will be a plus.

this is the thread i made
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/51439-mlb-2k8-no-online.html

wow u called mlb. u must really looking forward to this game. good stuff.i hope this game turns out good

yea lol.. im a die-hard baseball fan/Yankees fan... i really want a baseball game for the wii. The bigs held me for a while but i want a real game with a season and everything. always wanted online play, updates rosters and its not looking good for this game. Im getting it either way but i just want info. I want to know if theres online, updates rosters, stances and all for the wii version. but 2k isnt saying anything and they wont. they will release info but not about wii version. its up to ign or gonintendo to find something out. its been driving me crazy trying to find out. lol

Wiitime said:
yea lol.. im a die-hard baseball fan/Yankees fan... i really want a baseball game for the wii. The bigs held me for a while but i want a real game with a season and everything. always wanted online play, updates rosters and its not looking good for this game. Im getting it either way but i just want info. I want to know if theres online, updates rosters, stances and all for the wii version. but 2k isnt saying anything and they wont. they will release info but not about wii version. its up to ign or gonintendo to find something out. its been driving me crazy trying to find out. lol

cool. your obssession would be similar to me and montreal canadiens. i am a die hard fan. we also need a hockey game. now:mad5:

Unlike in Wii Sports, the Wii Remote is held vertically to swing, with a full ‘real-life’ swinging gesture not necessary to play properly.

Hmmm, sounds like cricket, not baseball.

Back