Mario Kart looking and sounding disapointing

idjut said:
sorry you always had a suckie team and experience :lol:
I'm guessing the real problem is you're a bad driver so your friends put you in charge of throwing items because they felt sorry for you.

misconstruing my statements for argument purposes is trolling... CrowTRobot you're a troll :yesnod:
have fun trolling...

<--------------------

Last edited:
CrowTRobot said:
I'm guessing the real problem is you're a bad driver so your friends put you in charge of throwing items because they felt sorry for you.

Lol, sorry but I can't help but laugh at that one :lol:

Sometimes I really don't understand the gaming community. A vast majority of people have been complaining about Nintendo's poor online strategy for a long time. Here are the known online features of MK Wii:

They've introduced a seperate Mari Kart Wii channel that can be accessed whether the disc is in or not. This channel will allow you to view online leader boards for each track, and tell you where those players are located.
It will allow you to download a player's ghost data and race against it. It will allow you to watch actual online races on your Wii. It will allow you to enter a lobby and start a race with random people. It will allow you to register your friends so you can see if they're online making it easier to start a race with them. And it supports limited text chatting. (Actually it's more like emoting in an MMO)

Now with all those online features, the one thing I keep reading and hearing about is, "Boy the graphics on Mario Kart Wii look pretty bad." It's like people are determinded to be dissatisfied with Nintendo no matter what they do.

What? Nintendo has explored some new online features in one of their games? Well the graphics still suck so I'm not gettin' that game. (MK Wii)

What? Nintendo has released a game that has some of the best visuals we've ever seen? Nearly every gaming publication agrees that the graphics on this game are phenomenal? Well that game aint got no online so I aint gettin' it. (Metroid Prime 3).

I'm really looking forward to it as well. MK 64 is one of my all-time favorite games and I can't wait to play the next installment.

alright my point of view. i did not like double dash at all i though it was stupid to have two people in one kart. and another thing, on wifi there going to have battle! i would play battle with my sister and brother all day it was so fun.

idjut said:
misconstruing my statements for argument purposes is trolling... CrowTRobot you're a troll :yesnod:
have fun trolling...
It isn't trolling. It's me besting you in a conversation.

There are a lot of people on this board that take themselves and video games in general waaaaaaaaaay too seriously. It seems like anytime anyone makes a sarcastic or witty remark, it's treated as spam or trolling.

By your logic, you "trolled" with your "suckie team" remark. So which is it? Either everyone is allowed to make sarcastic remarks, or no one is.

Last edited:
it all started with your SMG comment...
really... i'm gone.. arguments can go on forever..:)

"besting " someone who's initial statement is not "besting" is trolling...:)

someone has to quit or the thread is hijacked... you can have the last words... so begin your closing statement. :yesnod:

Mario Kart Wii looks to be way more fun than Double-Dash. Double-Dash was lame and nobody I know likes it. We all love SNES/N64 Mario-Kart in gameplay and art-style and that is what Mario Kart Wii is gonna give us and give it us with online gameplay! This and SSBB are the online games of Nintendo that will be getting played into infinity. And throw Monster Hunter 3 on top of this and we are talking the most fun you can get on any console with just 3 games!!!

idjut said:
it all started with your SMG comment...
really... i'm gone.. arguments can go on forever..:)

"besting " someone who's initial statement is not "besting" is trolling...:)

someone has to quit or the thread is hijacked... you can have the last words... so begin your closing statement. :yesnod:
You're using the "he started it" defense?

You didn't listen to what I said. According to your elaborately constructed avatar you are strongly against trolling. Yet you trolled yourself. It makes you a hypocrite.

Let's say you're a pitcher in the MLB who is totally against beaning people. You even hang a sign on your locker that says, "I hate pitchers who bean people." One day someone beans a player on your team...so you bean the guy back. Later at a press conference a reporter asks, "Hey, I thought you were really against beaning people." You respond by saying, "Well HE STARTED IT!."

Im not worried about the graphics. Mario Kart was never a game about visuals. It was always about the simplicity of racing and the items you could use. It doesn't matter if they don't add many items, you really can't go overboard with it because you will screw up the gameplay. The fact that you can now play online just makes it 10x better than the last. I used to have alot of fun when I played with people, but not everyone wants to always play at the same time. Online should be fun, though not as fun as playing with people in real life since you can't talk to them :/ But still fun!

Btw, Double Dash was not the worse Mario Kart, IMO it was the best so far. Mario Kart Wii is sure to be better IMO, though im not worried about not having double drivers.

It's not all about the graphics. It's about the game.

I can deny that it's looking dull. Doesn't look dull to me. I'm still anxiously awaiting it and am going to buy it.

I don't agree with the significance of your points against it. If you don't like Mario Kart Wii, that's fine... no one is making you buy it. But don't presume to speak for the rest of us.

Come on it'll be brilliant.
Solo racing will be better, it was nice to have two people drive in the same car but i did miss the solo driving :)
Motorbikes are going to be cool as well and i'm going to lvoe the online feature.

Does anyone else see the irony in people who complain about the graphics yet when it comes to Wii vs 360/PS3 they always say "graphics mean nothing"

Back