Mario Kart Wii tracks and characters

phillepino

SSBB Name = JAA!
Oct 7, 2007
SACTOWN
Wii Online Code
5481-6878-4567-7796
The latest edition of Famitsu magazine has some fresh new details on Mario Kart Wii. First and foremost, the game is said to release in Japan on April 10th, for around 5800 Yen ($54). North America is also expected to get it sometime during the second quarter.

* 16 tracks (8 new, 8 remakes).
* Wi-Fi games for up to 12 players.
* Baby Peach and Boo will be racers.
* Bikes can do tricks like wheelies.
* Leagues and world rankings online.
* New Wii channel specific to the online aspect.
* Upload/Download ghosts and Time Attack scores.
* Play as Miis.
mariokartmii.jpg

That's right, your Mii can be incorporated into the game. As shown here in this scan.

As for the courses, this is what you can expect:

New tracks

* Luigi Circuit
* Moo Moo Country
* Mushroom Canyon
* Toad Factory
* Mario Circuit (Figure 8 with underpass)
* Coconuts Mall
* DK Snowboard Cross
* Wario Mines

Old tracks

* Peach Beach (GC)
* Yoshi Falls (DS)
* Ghost Swamp 2 (SNES)
* Mario Circuit (64)
* Sherbet Land (64)
* Hey Ho Beach (GBA)
* Monty Town (DS)
* Waluigi Stadium (GC)

Source: http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/miis-in-mario-kart-on-wii.html

whoa, major news. nice to see leagues, rankings and new channel. thx

ps what do u think the leagues will be like?

leagues will bring out the competitive side in us :D haha and it will make the game more enjoyable

phillepino said:
leagues will bring out the competitive side in us :D haha and it will make the game more enjoyable

does it mean leagues as in like clans?teams?

im not really sure its probably like a tournament or something but im just guessing

Saw this the other day, I wish this would hurry up and come out already

Honestly, I don't know what all the hype is about this game. The original for SNES was AMAZING. Truly, it was a fantastic game. The N64 version just seemed lame to me. Neither I nor my friends ever really played it because it seemed like the magic from the original had been totally removed. The GC version was just ALRIGHT, it had its fun, but still didn't seem as "tight" as the original, just not as much pure arcadey fun.

I hope that MarioKart Wii bring with it simplistic controls, not overly-complicated items and power-ups, and some good, solid tracks that don't substitute CRAZINESS!!! for good design.

Nothing has ever seemed to compare to the battle-mode of the original, with the three balloons circling your cart, the red homing-shells......man that was a great time for videogames....

i saw da comments and a guy said that they only mentioned half of the tracks (which is probably 16) so which means that der is most likely going to be 32 tracks..

Transfixed said:
Honestly, I don't know what all the hype is about this game. The original for SNES was AMAZING. Truly, it was a fantastic game. The N64 version just seemed lame to me. Neither I nor my friends ever really played it because it seemed like the magic from the original had been totally removed. The GC version was just ALRIGHT, it had its fun, but still didn't seem as "tight" as the original, just not as much pure arcadey fun.

I hope that MarioKart Wii bring with it simplistic controls, not overly-complicated items and power-ups, and some good, solid tracks that don't substitute CRAZINESS!!! for good design.

Nothing has ever seemed to compare to the battle-mode of the original, with the three balloons circling your cart, the red homing-shells......man that was a great time for videogames....

i liked da snes and the n64 version but da gc version ehh it was pretty lame for me but im still excited for this game... i mean who wouldnt be with the online battle mode?? playing against random people would be fun haha

Of course the first one will be remembered as teh best because it started the genre/game franchise. EVERYONE will remember Super Mario Brothers 1 (SMB1) even 50 years from now when Mario will be literally sitting in your living room because it was the starter for the franchise (yes, I know he was originally on DK as jumpman). This game sounds pretty cool to me. We wanted better inclusion of Mii's and online so (as Mario would say).... Here we goooooo!:yesnod:

Back