Even More Mario Kart Wii Info

Sillyhat

The Crusher
May 21, 2006
Well this isn't really considered info, but its something to keep you wanting Mario Kart Wii even more. It's more like predictions based on the E3 2007 footage.

Mario Kart DS put all the best circuits of past Mario Kart games together into one package of Mario Kart gold and Mario Kart Wii will do the same. We've already seen Double Dash and Mario Kart DS tracks in the new game, and have our fingers crossed for some N64 and even SNES action, too. NGamer takes a look at the tracks we've seen so far...

screenshot_184128_thumb142.jpg
LUIGI RACEWAY
It's left to Luigi to gently introduce players into the ways of Mario Kart again, with a fairly basic stadium-sided banked loop that only seems to differ from its Double Dash!! counterpart by racing clockwise rather than anti-clockwise.

screenshot_184129_thumb142.jpg
New: MARIO CIRCUIT
Brand new! Part of the Flower Cup - which makes it middling difficulty in the Mario Kart canon - this race around the grounds of Peach's Castle takes you downhill from the off, then around some sharp 180-degree turns to show off your powersliding.

screenshot_184131_thumb142.jpg
New: TOAD TUNNELS
Based off the twilight village of the Toads from Super Mario Sunshine, this comes with giant-sized bouncy toadstools that form a gradually descending staircase of fun. Pretty eerie look to this one. Pretty basic look, too.

screenshot_184132_thumb142.jpg
New: WARIO MINES
Very much Wario's track - machinery works overhead, scooping gold out of the caverns - this has some hairy barrier-less rickety pathways preceded by speed strips that really want you to fall off. The course heads into tunnels and out into quaint 'villages'.

screenshot_184133_thumb142.jpg
YOSHI FALLS
We wouldn't be surprised to see all of Mario Kart DS's tracks make it into the game - not least because this generally featureless loop would be an odd choice for a 'best of' collection. Speed strips, multiple routes and speed-boosting water makes this a pure speedway.

screenshot_184130_thumb142.jpg
PEACH BEACH
You'll recognise this from Mario Kart Double Dash!! - and a bloody brilliant course it is, too, barely 25 seconds a lap but with the same speed-scuppering rising tide as Koopa Trooper Beach of old and a great bumpy downhill area. Now give us Daisy Cruiser, Nintendo. Go on.

screenshot_184127_thumb142.jpg
New: BABY MARIO MEADOWS
Greener's "I know I'm right" bet on the name for this wide-open countryside ramble. It's just possible to make out giant trackside Baby Mario and Baby Luigi caps on the first turn, before the snaking (shortcut-ripe but Goomba-laden) route through a big herd of happy cows.

Source: http://computerandvideogames.com

In my opinion this definantly has the potential to be the greatest Mario Kart ever. Wi-Fi play, which includes online races and battle mode, new Wii Wheel, and hopefully Nintendo will incorporate the other race tracks from previous Mario Karts, which it seems like they are doing for some at least.

Maybe if Nintendo is at Leipzig this week they might show something.

I definitely cannot wait for this one. The Wii despertely needs wifi, and this will give the console even more attention.

It probably won't be the most challenging game in the world, but should still be much fun to play. Especially online with people who know how to use the power ups and stuff.

anti-clockwise
Correct term: counter-clockwise

powersliding
Correct term: drifting

Now this one may have been an in-game term, but if you want to sound like you know anything about driving the term is drifting.

Otherwise I say: Wait until the darn game is out!

I have no gripes with counter-clockwise but in the mariokart world it is powersliding not drifting. They are different, powersliding allows the possibility of a boost at the end, drifting is simply drifting.

Back