Mario Party 8

There was a thing about it on gonintendo.com the other day..

Some shop had put it out on display, but it wasn't a pre-order box it was the actual game to buy lol, there were pics of it too on the shelf..

Ooops. So will Nintendo sue their butts for releasing the game early? If not, wont this lead to more people breaking the release dates of future games? And yeah, what about the nunchuck, do you have to use it? Blugh I hate it.

The only time that you use the nunchuk is for the minigames. The minigames im talking about are the side games. NOT the minigames in the boardgames.

NorthSkateBoards: I hope you were expecting this many questions, seeing as your the only person that has played the game...Ive got another question to add to the list: Many legit game review sites have been saying that you can 'definetly tell that it was meant to be a gamecube title' and because of that there is 'too much button mashing and too little remote control'. Are these accusations correct? I was going to get this game, but if there is really more button mashing than there is using the remotes motion sensing...than I'll wait till MP9.

What are your thoughts?

There's definately more motion-sensing in Mario Party 8 than button mashing. I reserved this at GameStop, I should get it on the 30th.

Last edited:
So is it worth it to buy extra nunchucks then? I've only seen one mini-game where u use the nunchuck and thats the flag raising one.

is the graphics on this good or does it suck because people r sayin that the graphics suck, should i make my wii stand up or to lay it down

ILoveWii said:
There's definately more motion-sensing in Mario Party 8 than button mashing. I reserved this at gameStop, I should get it on the 30th.

You dont even have the game! Your judging this on what? The commercials!? Of course their going to show motion sensing on the commercials, ITS A GIMMICK.

I would negative rep you but this f***in kiddy site doesnt have the option.

EDIT: BTW, my question (TO THE OP) still stands; How much button mashing is in the game compared to motion sensing controls?

Last edited:
I will pick it up on Wednesday. For those of you that have a Circuit City near you, they are offering a KILLER deal on it. Click here. 39.99 and if it's not in stock, they have to give you a 20 dollar gift card! What a deal!!!! I haven't ever seen anyone offer a new nintendo game for 10 bucks off like that before. I paid full price for all of my other mario party games.

Back