Massive Weekend of Sport!

Cpt.McCloud said:
What a let down for England.

Hamilton lost. England lost. Ronnie lost.

Hamilton can still win I believe as FIA are investigating technical irregularity's in a few cars.
a great let down for england, but what has it done for both sports, fu being a proffesional for 10 years, and has only just won his first ranked tourny. he played amazingly well, and so disvered the win.

Kimi, who is an amazing driver, and never got the oppertunity at mclaren, just won his first F1 championship, and good for him, hamilton has done amazingly well for his age and just look at his skill. all in all, not such a bad weekend for snooker or F1, just some people wanna win everything. rather than improve the sport.

I am very, very gutted for Hamilton. He must have been able to taste the championship. Then it was taken away in the last race, I'd simply feel sick if I was him. If he hasn't yet already (which he probably has because he's extremely level-headed), then he'll realise that he has achieved something fantastic this season, in coming second, and leading the world championship for so long. He was just unlucky really at the end. An awesome driver won, perfectly deservedly so, and Hamilton also finished above the two-time (former) world champion, so it's still a great achievement.

Frogger said:
Seriously, we won you last year...
You didn't win us, you beat us.

...yeah, remember that? And in my school everyone put all of these statistics in my face, still saying "We've won more than you, blah, blah, blah, we're still better than you" when in actual fact you would have beat us if you were better.[/B]
Yes I remember that, but so what? The facts speak for themselves. You can't argue with statistics. Are you trying to say that because we didn't beat you last year that Everton are a better team than Liverpool? Because that is simly untrue. Fact.

Ugh, all of your victories are flukes, look at them, Istanbul, what the hell was that about?
Where was the fluke in Istanbul? It looked like one of the great comebacks of all time to me, topped off with some great penalty saves. How are all of our victories flukes? Every team in the entire world wins some games by luck, but luck doesn't run with you forever, so how could a team possibly always win by fluke?

If my team suck, my team suck, I know that. But Liverpudlians never admit defeat when it happens.
If we get beat, we get beat. I admit defeat when it happens. Of course, I complain about it when it's unfair, but otherwise I am gracious in defeat. Look at the Marseille game. We deserved to be beaten and we were, I admit that. It's Evertonians that are always looking for excuses.

St Helen's, Wirral, same thing...
Apart from the City of Liverpool and the River Mersey in between...

Yes I remember that, but so what? The facts speak for themselves. You can't argue with statistics. Are you trying to say that because we didn't beat you last year that Everton are a better team than Liverpool? Because that is simly untrue. Fact.

Haha, we're nowhere near a better team, it's just that when we win, we just want to be happy with a win. Not be bombarded by these statistics that remind us we're still a pile of ****.

I don't follow football, at all, but if we win, I want to be all "Yay, a win!" and not some technical gibberish, leave it as the result said. I really don't care.

Frogger said:
Haha, we're nowhere near a better team, it's just that when we win, we just want to be happy with a win. Not be bombarded by these statistics that remind us we're still a pile of ****.

I don't follow football, at all, but if we win, I want to be all "Yay, a win!" and not some technical gibberish, leave it as the result said. I really don't care.
You see I wish all Evertonians were like that. That's fair enough to me! And I make that one Evertonian that I know of who can simply admit we are the better team.

I follow football you see, a lot, so to me there is more to the game than just the result. So whenever anything is said about a particular topic, much more will need to be said about it!

I was scared after the Aston Villa first goal, but Rooney played great in the victory. Does anyone know why they didn't start Ronaldo? Couldn't find it online, and news here in the US doesn't cover European leagues often.

manufan15 said:
I was scared after the Aston Villa first goal, but Rooney played great in the victory. Does anyone know why they didn't start Ronaldo? Couldn't find it online, and news here in the US doesn't cover European leagues often.

A team doesn't always start its best team, I suppose it was just giving him a rest spud:)

There wasnt a particular reason.

Back