Master System and Game Gear games coming to VC!

Conan the Librarian said:
you guys are ****ing crazy.....we are getting 1 and 2 games at a time, and you all want Master System and Game Gear?????

so we are gonna get Altered beast for master system, then the week after, Altered Beast for Game Gear, when we already have it for genesis, and so on and so forth. Sonic.....Columns......I hope you guys are ****ing happy......we are gonna get basicly copies of games, and unleash a wave of 200 shitty games we might get now instead of something really basic I would expect from Nintendo, like maybe CONTRA????? Nintendo has been really bad and routinely cheap about its releases, (street fighter II), so lets add 2 libraries of games to the mix.

All this so we can get a Wonder Boy game....I guess I would be less panicked if they just released the MAster System.

whoever suggested Rocky for Master System you should stay away from, because they are ****ing crazy and could snap at any moment....stay away....

Im sick of all this bullshit from other systems......do you see what a great idea NEO GEO has been? they give us part 1 to a sequal of 20 games, for $10, when you can buy a disk with all of the SNK games for XBOX? King of Fighters 1 sucks my ass and is not worth $10 to be lost when your system goes in 3 years.

same goes for you guys that want gameboy.........seriously.....

and everyone arguing about wonder boy symantics is amusing......you guys are good.

Calm down
The aster system and game gear has had plenty of good games and im sure they wouldnt bring out a lot of games that are already on a lot of other systems. Oh and as for the gameboy thing , whats wrong with that. If they like gameboy and want it on let them talk about it.

Apple Guy said:
Calm down
The aster system and game gear has had plenty of good games and im sure they wouldnt bring out a lot of games that are already on a lot of other systems. Oh and as for the gameboy thing , whats wrong with that. If they like gameboy and want it on let them talk about it.

A lot of the tat was licencis
So good
No licenceis

Wonder if Zenon 2 will be out
That damn theame tune

Napalm...you are right, there are a handful of good games on every system. Now you are gonna have to wade through a pool of ****, to pick out the silver dollars.

You have to admit, a collection on a portable system is of zero importance to some of us that want to play multi player on our big screen LCD and sit on our plush leather couches......as well as i would assume the most effort in games would go into their best and most expensive system. I didnt buy 8 controllers for my new system thinking the DS would have all the good ****.

Im all about the collections, been going on about them forever....I have sonic and Megaman......

Really? Not everyone wants Nintendo games? so, you assume I dont want games from any other system? You assume I dont already? anyways, I could have sworn it was a Nintendo product, how silly of me to assume I would get a decent nintendo game, my apologies.

:p

Napalm...you are right, there are a handful of good games on every system. Now you are gonna have to wade through a pool of ****, to pick out the silver dollars.

What, you think everything we've had off the NES and SNES has been brilliant? What about turds like Vegas Stakes, Urban Champion, Soccer, Baseball, Milon's Secret Castle, etc.?

Really? Not everyone wants Nintendo games? so, you assume I dont want games from any other system? You assume I dont already? anyways, I could have sworn it was a Nintendo product, how silly of me to assume I would get a decent nintendo game, my apologies.

:p

Napalmbrain said:
Here's a shocker: Not everyone wants just Nintendo games!

I agree with Conan. The only fan service Nintendo is providing to VC has been to the companies and not the consumers. Look at the current sales of the VC games that sell. It's not columns that sells, it's Mario 64! If I start seeing Virtual Boy games show up on VC I'll be pissed off more than Conan (And that's very pissed off). Nintendo, not Neo Geo, not Game Gear had 70-80% of the market until the PS One launched. Logic dictates we want that same priority on the VC games they choose to launch.

The focus should be more games per week.

but it is hard for them to get a lot of games
First of all they have to pick some games
then there's all the legal tape
then there's programming it to work on the wii
then there's the controller configuration
Then they have to send it out

And all the while thats happening we get a new system to keep us content
Oh and i'm sure the people that do all of this have to have holidays

Napalmbrain said:
What, you think everything we've had off the NES and SNES has been brilliant? What about turds like Vegas Stakes, Urban Champion, Soccer, Baseball, Milon's Secret Castle, etc.?

dude, you just proved my point......

for me to get my two pages of games (not all NES by the way), Ive had to wait through 1.5 years of crap......we have waited and waited, with the theme being, VC games are released in order of least popularity first, to dime suck us, and keep us wanting more. Now that most of this crap has gotten out of the way, there can only be good to come......(kinda like blackjack, a whole lot of low cards coming out, means that Aces and high cards are coming soon........now you will add 500 low cards back into the deck).

so you THINK you are gonna get whatever game you want for those two systems? yeah good luck......here's to no one getting anything anyone wants.....! cheers!!!!!

Last edited:
Guys chill out!!It's nice having the opportunity to play games of a variety of consoles so that anyone finds something he/she wants to play.I'm a big Ninty fan too but wii represents a much bigger crowd!I wish a lot of other consoles appear too including Jaguar,3DO,Gameboy Advance,Saturn and even Dreamcast!But the titles support for the snes,nes,megadrive,n64 should grow as well!!This is the most important i think.

*Looks at the Game.com and Jaguar CD*
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE DIFFRENT
*Boots it into the portal of nothinness

Don't fool yourself, Conan. There's so much crap left over on the NES and SNES that if Nintendo were just randomly picking games for those consoles, it might takes years to get another good game. The crap to good ratio didn't go anywhere but down by adding the Master System and Game Gear to the mix.

And if for the record sagema, the games on the Virutal Boy weren't the problem. The problem was the headache-inducing $250 unit that only showed shades of red. If they could do a Mario Clash or that Wario platformer in color, that would be great.

ok some people are mad that wii is only comming out with 2 games a week but maybe they are working on putting the sega master/game gear on the wii virtual console and the everybody's nintendo channel!

Nobody's mad.....we do this on a weekly basis.......its the eternal debate. The great question that cannot be answered......

seriously, taking a million games, and then releasing 2 per week randomly, doesnt make much sense to me. Would this make sense in ANY other business? No one is going to win.
"Lets make a catalogue of sex toys that grows in selection by 2 items every week"......the guys that want the ASSMASTER(tm) will be yelling at the women who wanted the anatomically correct David Hasselhoff Lifesized Doll(tm).

hal2814 said:
Don't fool yourself, Conan. There's so much crap left over on the NES and SNES that if Nintendo were just randomly picking games for those consoles, it might takes years to get another good game. The crap to good ratio didn't go anywhere but down by adding the Master System and Game Gear to the mix.

And if for the record sagema, the games on the Virutal Boy weren't the problem. The problem was the headache-inducing $250 unit that only showed shades of red. If they could do a Mario Clash or that Wario platformer in color, that would be great.

The Wario game on that was good
Just for the snapy things that come right out at you and Mario clash has been out in color

I actually bought a Wii with the hope they would put SMS on the VC, I thought it was only a matter of time...and now I am super happy! I grew up with SMS, and my parents just bought a Wii as well with the news that SMS is comming to Wii...it wasn't the only reason they bought it, but it put them over the top.

As well, I wouldn't mind if more obscure systems jumped on. The idea that we could download almost any title(that is not connected to Sony or Microsoft) in the future is very impressive.

For example...a conversation with a friend....."Hey do you remember that crazy TG16 game with those guys that would pee on things?"
"You mean JJ and Jeff?"
"Yeah I wish I could play that again...it was a laugh riot!"
"Well I can get it, just folow me to my Wii"

Back to SMS - The thing is, I was a SEGA kid...and having the SMS on Wii is huge. We are not all Nintendo diehards. As weird as it sounds, some of the bad games have the best memories. Remember Alf for the Master System?...I would get that in a heartbeat if it was available. Was it a bad game? For sure...but it was so bad it was hilarious, and I have fond memories of playing through it even though it was so bad.

Seriously where were you guys 10 years ago?! Barely anyone bought a 3do and Jaguar, and now we have people defending the failure consoles?! They had at most 3-5 games worth looking at, it's a debate if they were ever worth getting.

Here's how I remember half of my childhood... http://www.gametrailers.com/screwattack.php

Back