Megaman 2 for Virtual Console?

d.vader

WiiChat Member
Feb 11, 2008
Hi! I'm new here and I signed up simply to ask if anyone knew when Megaman 2 will be available in the USA for the Wii Virtual Console?

I, and most people would agree, believe that this is one of the best games ever made. Plays well, good story, great cast of characters, and high replay value.

So does anyone have an idea if Nintendo will release MM2 on the Wii VC? If they do plan to release it when should we expect it to happen?

Thanks.

balrogs.pa said:
no megaman games will be on the wii
Why?

Theres mmx collection and mm collection... for gamecube. buy it.
Why should we buy it? One of the benefits for VC games is all the shelf space that's saved by not buying CDs and cartridges.

To me that's important, but is Nintendo not planning to release MM1 or MM2 on the VC because they released the Gamecube edition?

d.vader said:
Why should we buy it? One of the benefits for VC games is all the shelf space that's saved by not buying CDs and cartridges.

To me that's important, but is Nintendo not planning to release MM1 or MM2 on the VC because they released the Gamecube edition?

To save money
Its only one disc it will look good on the self and they have extra modes

Thanks to this thread I just bought the megaman X collection for the cube

Glad to be of help
Unless you didnt want to
If that be the case

I bought the megaman collection shortly after it came out. One of the best gamecube disks I own. 2 and 3 are my favorites. and mega man x as well.

jesse1596 said:
I bought the megaman collection shortly after it came out. One of the best gamecube disks I own. 2 and 3 are my favorites. and mega man x as well.

Cheep and recomended
Shame its not out in the UK but there is a import dongle (or disc) for the gamecube that works on the wii

d.vader said:

Price of separate VC games = 6*$5 + 4*$8 = $72
Price of Mega Man Collection = $20

I think that should answer your question?

It's up to Capcom rather than Nintendo. I suppose they might, since people would obviously buy it.

Thanks for the replies guys. I see that it is cheaper. But I've been reading some reviews on this and some have said that the gamecube version of the megaman collections played weird. They said that the controls didn't play the same as in the original nintendo. Of course, I'd understand that since they are different controllers, but it shouldn't feel like a different (or as this one particular reviewer intended, a bad) experience.

Anyway, I would also have to get a gamecube controller right? Because my wiimote won't work with gamecube games, right?

Thanks.

That's right and yes its a little different but you get used to it. Even though megaman and megaman 2 are out in the UK I don't think Nintendo will bring them to North America for whatever reason. For us mega fans we might as well just get the anniversary collection and not worry about it.

Yep you whould
But

Some VC games wont work on a wiimote so your best getin a GC controller anyway
Did the reviewer state that he was a fan of Megaman
Dont forget that some asre biased

Thanks. I guess I'll get the Gamecube controller too then. I am interested in Rogue Squad II and MVP Baseball 05, both which are available for the Gamecube.

I still wished that they left MM series alone and not put in the changes that I read about.

Oh well...

Back