Megas XLR

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Okay, so maybe it's not from Japan.

But I believe it stands out from American Cartoons and has the anime artstyle to it (sort of).

But me, I found it to be about the best darn cartoon I ever saw.

Oh the senseless violence :3

And what's best, you could just sit down to any of the episodes and understand it.

" Oh. Nifty. Guy's got a giant robot and he's destroying stuff. Neato."

And I think this is the first time I've seen a cartoon with a fat hero (seriously. "Overweight" or "Obese" can't describe him. But he's awesome).

Then you've got the crazy-cool sidekick. With the girl problems.

And then you got your sex appeal for those who need it in a cartoon, Kiva.
But she just gets in the way of the senseless destruction of things.

And the best part about it is, no matter how much the guy's home-city gets beat up, it's always BRAND NEW the next episode.

index.jpg

American TV at its finest~

The term is Animeu
Not seen it
Dont want to as most animeU (and some anime) its probably made just to sell toys

(sayin that thow I am currently watchin WITCH but the plots okish only seen a few eps)

Last edited:
I like the show...I like Bruce Campbell character in it - plus there is an episode which has a Parody of G force...and another episode which I have not seen which has a Sailor Moon Parody...I believe in both of these episodes (I know it is true in the G Force Parody.) the S-force believe Coop is a bad guy menacing the planet.

It is a funny series I recommend people watch it (search for clips on youtube or something. you will properly laugh and want to seek it out.)

One of the Quotes from the IMDB page:

Kiva: Coop! Wait! I haven't finished fixing the CPU core!
[Coop starts up Megas, it rampages through the wall of the car show Expo centre]
Coop: It's okay! I stopped it!
[the roof collapses]
Coop: Well it's not all bad, least we can still salvage the cars...
[Massive explosion]
Coop: Erm... yeah... okay then! Who's up for popcorn chicken?

And the theme song which I have on my iPod for shear awesomeness.

Theme song: Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from a far. You've gotta find first gear in your giant robot car. You dig giant robots. I dig giant robots. We dig giant robots. Chicks dig giant robots. Nice.

<<Has the Death note, FLCL (pillows are a good jrock band) and Naruto (the first op) songs on his MP3

But you should try Excel Saga if you like parodys
Evey episode is diffrent

this cartoon is the ****! they used to show it on Toonami Jetstream (toonami's online TV service thingy). however it is one of the better american cartoons that gets cancled :( RIP Megas XLR

I watched it for one ep and didn't at all see the greatness. I guess I'll have to give it another chance if it's on youtube that is.

Darkprinny said:
<<Has the Death note, FLCL (pillows are a good jrock band) and Naruto (the first op) songs on his MP3

But you should try Excel Saga if you like parodys
Evey episode is diffrent
(I bought bought a CD of The Pillows (Penalty Life.))

Excel Saga is the sort of thing which could be hit or miss...depending on how well you actually know what they are parodying.

when Megas is the sort of thing if you love one episode you will love the series or hate the entire series if you hate one episode.

Excel sagas only worth watchin in English
(excel never shuts up)

But its allways funny when anime takes the piss outa Fist of the north star
(saw that eps of excel is was daft)

the FotNS episode was the first I watched...when it was on at 5am on the sci-fi channel.

yeah they explained it very clearly in the description "would be more efficient if they were actually on Crack."

I also remember this form the OLD days of sci-fi channel when it actually had good time zone for anime - They had a news story which was "English Voice Actress strains voice and goes mute Trying to Voice Excel"

Back