Memory Issues

DanMan092

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2007
Ok, so let me tell you guys the entire story. I have just learned about the launch date defective Wii's and seem to have one myself (Error 110213, 106070, etc) So I heard that this is all an issue of the Wii not being able to update itself correctly. Apparently game discs come with small updates that they need to run just incase you can't connect to the internet, so mine always updates when I put a new game in. SO anyway, in a last ditch effort to fix my Wii before dropping money to get it repaired, I copy all my game saves (except GH3 and other stuff that won't copy) to my Wii SD card and reformat the memory. So I started it up again, put in the disc I wanted to play, and lo and behold, data from the SD WILL NOT COPY TO THE WII! I even figured that maybe the data was made with a more advanced version so I put all my games in to see if it would update and it DID NOT. I even out in a game that I opened for the purpose of this goal. So here are my questions:

1) Is it possible to get these saves back on, and if so how.

2) Since I have to send my Wii in for repairs, will they copy onto it after being repaired?

3) Does wiping the system memory get rid of the updates, and if so, why isn't it updating when I put the games in?

and 4) What happened to the good old days of popping in your memory card and calling it a day?

Back