MGS4 gameplay

Joe said:
Where have you been? Nintendo has certainly changed. Have you not noticed Wii Sports, Wii-Play, and Wii Fit. Zelda, Mario, and Metroid are for the hardcore audience and right now Nintendo is not focusing on them. Nintendo is focusing on the casual gamers right now meaning they arent rely on hardcore games but on the casual ones.....meaning Wii Sports and Wii Fit. NINTENDO RELYS ON CASUAL GAMES! Did you understand that? Seriously, I cant make it sound anymore simple. I never once thought you said that Nintendo makes no other games than Mario, Zelda, Metroid your just misunderstanding me. So whos really the stupid one here. Can you say....GypsyKid?

I understand that very well. I commented on that same point extensively in other posts in this forum days ago. And you NEVER used that argument in this thread so stop acting like I'm the hard headed one here.

The fact IS Nintendo is relying on rehashing the classic franchises and getting casual and non gamers to spend their dollars on these new supposedly more "fun" and "interactive" games. It's an untapped market, and Nintendo are brilliant...financialy wise...to go for it.

My problem with it is that it is at a sacrifice of going on and making many great games. Taking games to a truly next level, coming up with new fresh ideas for new great games and characters.

Rather they are looking at things to make their system more accessible but dumbed down on the gaming side of things.

They use old characters because of the familiarity of them. It's more marketing than anything else. That recognition. Everyone is going to be completely comfortable with Mario cause everyone knows what mario is even if they never played a video game in their life.

Almost everyone can understand swinging a Wiimote too. It's fun....for a little while.

But people who have been gamers since the 80's...since they were kids...like myself...all that nintendo is doing right now is a joke. We want something more, and Nintendo just isn't catering to that. PS3 is.

This time around Nintendos genius lies in the fact that they really came with something that could really market and make a huge killing.

Sony's genius lies in the fact that the are goin gto come with the best and most innovative games up to this point.

Microsofts genius is that they got the gaming market in a stranglehold early on when they were the only so called next gen option available for a whole year, and they too made a killing.

I myself prefer PS3's stance on this whole matter because it's a better stance for me as a consumer. Nintendo and Microsofts stance has more to do with them as a company and selling as much as they can but cutting corners as they do so.

Last edited:
wiizorer said:
meh judje wen you play hammer or disaster

They look like good games. I'm not saying that Wii doesn't or won't have good games. I"m saying they will be few and far between, because that isn't they're focus anymore.

PS3 will have TONS of Great games. With LOADS of variety. And their games will just happen to be better.

Hideo said MGS4 is his last game. So if Konami wants to port the game to the 360, PC they would have to do it without him. This is why it's difficult. We will probably see MGS4 multiplatform later. If Konami hasn't begun the porting process months ago, we aren't going to see this game port for years. 10/1/2008 at the earliest.

Hideo Kojima said the exact thing about MGS3 being his last game....so you can never trust the bastard!

GypsyKid, I guess we should be debating on if any of those classic franchises are going to appeal to the casual gamer. Of course they most likley wont....Zelda and Metroid will eventually die off if things keep going this way. Nintendo probably wont even bother designing much more hardcore games after these three big titles come out (Mario, Metroid, and SSBB). Well im just really more predicting right now...but I believe Nintendo is focusing on casual gamers because casual gamers basically make Nintendos sales!!! Hardcore fans are probably going to be left out this gen, because Nintendo is a money whore :(

I agree with you that the PS3 seems to be taking a more ''correct'' path as hardcore gamers would say though.

Last edited:
i dont see y ya r comparing ssbb to mgs4 theyre not even in the same genre this doesnt make any sense

Mgs is very fun game when u have to be smart and sneaky it has a very good storyline and it just really fun

SSBB is a very fun game when u have to be smart master your player moves u 1-4 players fighter is really fun there also a lot of charaters and ppl still play melee today

i think ya should stop comparing those two games

also ill probably get both game i just need a ps3

Yeah I never saw the point of comparing the 2 either. I don't even understand why SSBB was really brought up in the first place. I guess cause it's one of the best things Nintendo has to offer?

I dunno, Crystal Bearers would have been a better one to bring up, even though it's a spin off title. But still it isn't the same thing as MGS in any way, except FF is originally a PS franchise...I believe? Or maybe PC? I wouldn't know I've never played the games...yet.

wiizorer said:
yeah i think more wiis will be bouight for ssbb than ps3's for msg4
Thats how it started, and heres the fatality.

Prince726 said:
i dont see y ya r comparing ssbb to mgs4 theyre not even in the same genre this doesnt make any sense

Mgs is very fun game when u have to be smart and sneaky it has a very good storyline and it just really fun

SSBB is a very fun game when u have to be smart master your player moves u 1-4 players fighter is really fun there also a lot of charaters and ppl still play melee today

i think ya should stop comparing those two games

also ill probably get both game i just need a ps3

I think japan is going to go nuts with MGS4.

GypsyKid said:
Yeah I never saw the point of comparing the 2 either. I don't even understand why SSBB was really brought up in the first place. I guess cause it's one of the best things Nintendo has to offer?

I dunno, Crystal Bearers would have been a better one to bring up, even though it's a spin off title. But still it isn't the same thing as MGS in any way, except FF is originally a PS franchise...I believe? Or maybe PC? I wouldn't know I've never played the games...yet.
No, the first FF was on the NES. I don't think they went to PS until seven.

Back