Circuit City $100 price cut

Celestial said:
Alright Sovieto, calm down...
i would need to be uncalm in order to calm down, theres no emotion in text, so how would you figure this? i just like to laugh at newbs like you.

Celestial said:
Aww, I'm sorry I have a life away from my computer :(
thats a horrid comeback, for all we could guess i could be an all star football player and you could be a pathetic 40 yr old loser, what we do know is were both on the computer, so any insults related to that is just meaningless.

Didn't actually mean it like that, I meant that I didn't have time to read it because I was just about to leave, so I posted it and went... Thought it would be helpful, apparently not...

Especially if its only for a week, all the more reason to jump on the offer.

I heard they want to raise minimum wage to $9.25 an hour in the US to match inflation. That would help, to have people actually acknowledge 1 fact. Prices are too high, and you either lower the prices or increase wages. I'd rather have a price drop then tell a kid how a comic used to cost $1 in 1990, and now it's $6 in 2007.

ps3 has the best price out of the 3 systems and i dont even have one i mean its like going to cosco u get more than u pay for

sagema said:
I heard they want to raise minimum wage to $9.25 an hour in the US to match inflation. That would help, to have people actually acknowledge 1 fact. Prices are too high, and you either lower the prices or increase wages. I'd rather have a price drop then tell a kid how a comic used to cost $1 in 1990, and now it's $6 in 2007.

Minimum wage here was raised to $7.00. And it was because studies showed $5.15 was not enough to live off of.

GamerCon said:
Its on! The PS3 price cut is now official. Sony will be releasing the 80gig model with Motorstorm for $599, not much of a deal there since the HDD is upgradeable.
Nice! Thanks for that link. Now if only the 20 gig would just come back to stores at a substantial price break more people would probably own a PS3.

Last edited:
To me, there was no reason to go for a 20 gig for a mere $100 difference when the console was already $499/599. Just too much for a person who is either not a die hard PS fan or somebody without that kind of money to spend. This really looks like a step in the right direction for the masses.

The 20 gig wasnt just a smaller HDD, it didnt have WiFi or some other features the 60 gig has. Now the 80 gig is just a bigger HDD with all the same features the 60 has. So the $100 you save getting the 60 gig could get you 120 gig HDD sepearatly. Then you could use the old drive as a backup for a comp.

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
Its on! The PS3 price cut is now official. Sony will be releasing the 80gig model with Motorstorm for $599, not much of a deal there since the HDD is upgradeable.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/we.re-slashing-prices/sony-confirms-ps3-price+cut-80gb-bundle-276091.php

Even I dont completely agree with Sony. =O

It should definitely help (the PS3, though it's going to really sting for Sony)--unless MS slashes the xbox 100$ as well (At which point the Wii is going to be in hot water).

I just got done reading in another thread about how a price cut wasn't going to happen this year--straight from the horse's mouth. I understand that things change and that it's in the best interests of console makers to keep certain things quiet--but this is the sort of thing that makes it impossible to kill idiotic rumors. People are still posting 4/1/07 day jokes as legit rumors.

Back