Sony Blackballs Kotaku (oh and a rumor)

RedProdigy

NOD fanatic
Feb 24, 2007
http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/rumor-sony-to-unveil-playstation-home-240746.php

This is an article about a rumor about PlayStation Home. Users of PS3 can create 3d avatars. The avatar gets a room. Everything a user gets an achievement or beats a game, he/she gets something to decorate the room. Doesn't sound too bad, even if it sounds like Sony copied Nintendo (which is debateable).

Now here's the clincher:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/sony-blackballs-kotaku-240860.php

Wow, smart move Sony. Bravo. Way to punish a website for exercising its freedom of the press. For those who wonder why I boycott the PS3, this is the reason. And really, I can't see how even Sony fanboys can side with Sony on this one.

They were warned and went ahead with it anyway. I guess im missing the point? Who cares if they blackball them? They shouldnt have published the story. Even though they had every right to, they knew they would hurt a business relationship and did it anyway.

This is so pathetic...I swear they must have not a single creative ounce within their brains. Its not enough to copy Nintendo's revolutionary controller scheme they are now going to make Playstation "avatars". I hope Sony rots in hell for this. Piece of ****.

Wii&Ps3 said:
They were warned and went ahead with it anyway. I guess im missing the point? Who cares if they blackball them? They shouldnt have published the story. Even though they had every right to, they knew they would hurt a business relationship and did it anyway.

Seriously. Do you work for Sony?

Yeah what the hell? they can't be unique or original? noo they have to copy every damn thing that is getting attention and it just makes me really mad that it was Nintendo they copied! Sony and Playstation 3 should indeed rot in hell for all eternity

Axtlar said:
Yeah what the hell? they can't be unique or original? noo they have to copy every damn thing that is getting attention and it just makes me really mad that it was Nintendo they copied! Sony and Playstation 3 should indeed rot in hell for all eternity

Ok, now that's taking it too far. It's not even close to a complete rip-off. Settle down, Big N fanboy.

Ruman said:
Ok, now that's taking it too far. It's not even close to a complete rip-off. Settle down, Big N fanboy.
what, you think I'll get offended if you call me a big N fanboy? to me that's a compliment, burro.

Uhh its close enough. Basically Sony saw the fasicination with Miis and decided they would "create" a "brand new avatar" system. Please what a load of bullsh*t. I'm glad Sony keeps making these idiotic mistakes even they piss me off so badly. It just proves over and over again why Nintendo and Microsoft are the better companies. They actually can create something new and listen to their customers. Just reading that letter makes me sick to my stomach.

Same here, and it's hard to believe it's a Japanese console but of course it's influenced by alot of Unitedstatians.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Its actually a better idea than the mii. I thought the mii is kinda stupid and childish.

It's funny that you say it's a better idea, seeing as the idea was all Nintendo's. All Sony did was add 3-d and a room, trying to be original. And you said the Mii is stupid...but isn't this avatar the same thing as a Mii? So basically your contradicting your self.

Axtlar said:
Same here, and it's hard to believe it's a Japanese console but of course it's influenced by alot of Unitedstatians.

uh...first off, I believe the term is "Americans", and secondly, that's because the United States provides a great portion of customers for countless companies, obviously including Sony.

Last edited:
Only Sony could rip off Nintendo AND Microsoft at the same time..

it seems like some of you guys are missing the fact they are ripping of Microsoft too with achievements..:nono: :shocked: :idea: :prrr:

Back