"Sony is still the one to beat"

ssbb_lover said:
Lol, he can't debate against it so he tries to diss you. :lol:

Dont get "cant" and "wont" mixed up. Hes not looking for a reasonable debate, I would only be wasting my time. I would rather poke fun at him in return. Would you like the same treatment?

Shiftfallout said:
Would you like the same treatment?
What? Be poked at? Lol, I couldn't give a damn.

F.Y.I. Usually when you start name calling after someone's trying to debate with you, it means you can't argue with that post because you know it's true.

ssbb_lover said:
What? Be poked at? Lol, I couldn't give a damn.

F.Y.I. Usually when you start name calling after someone's trying to debate with you, it means you can't argue with that post because you know it's true.
I couldnt give a damn either. =)

If you think i started name calling, you might want to reread his post. Its not based off any facts, and its generally more about what his opinion rather than anything concrete. Im not going to debate him because i said all i needed to say in earlier in this thread. No need to repeat myself. Also if hes going to start with calling me a graphic slut then the last thing i will do is give him any form of logical discussion.

In short, he can take his wii remote out of his ass about now.

Wow, lengthy. How about we all start taking bets? I bet a million dollars the PS3 won't be #1 in unit sales by the end of this year. With a million dollars I could buy a lot of games.

RedProdigy said:
You can say that the PSP is "superior" until the cows come home. But the fact is that the DS is ballin' when the PSP was supposed to steal the handheld market. I consider that a "failure". And if Sony isn't careful, the PS3 will become the next PSP. A great system that got left in the dust (actually not unlike the Gamecube).

Thank you for your wise words.

Mr. Shiftfallout, your entire predictions are based on the idea that Wii is going to fall flat on its face. Maybe you should pull of demographics on Wii sales, i really doubt the majority of them are 10 year olds.

Wii ... popular science, best of what is new, Grand Award, 2006

Wii ... Best of Show, E3 2006

I guess the Wii just sucks ...

If the PS3 is going to pull this one out, they have a lot of catching up to do. Considering that their console isn't exactly selling will in the home market isn't helping them much either. They are currently losing 5 to 1 to the Wii and even more so to the 360. With more and more Wii units shipped everyday and demand for the Wii even higher in Japan that it was at launch, its not going anywhere.

If Sony is going to have this great comeback the Wii is the least of their problems, they need to worry about the 360 more and stop the Microsoft software machine. The Odds of this happening are very slim to none.

And yes, Sony is a different company and they own a movie studio now. Great, now they can shove their products (blu-ray) down my throat even more. I'm seriously getting tired of it. Idk about you, but to me all that does is just turn off consumers.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but the PS3 is losing ... pretty badly in fact. Just accept it.

Wii&Ps3 said:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/0308200...cending_entertainment_lou_lumenick.htm?page=2

The wii is a kids toy. Its last gen and has nothing going for it besides its price tag. All the 10 year old love it, but thats where the line is drawn.

That's total crap! we're 30 and we love our wii + our friends who also own wiis are of similar age! in fact i don't know any kids who own wiis!
Also it's more sociable than any other console and combines well with alcohol!:thumbsup:
Never had a wii party?

Claira said:
Also it's more sociable than any other console and combines well with alcohol!:thumbsup:
Never had a wii party?

oh dont remind me. There were so many injuries, people accidentaly getting knocked in the face, flying wiimotes and a couple broken items. Almost as bad as the time we got this smart idea to play drunken DDR with blindfolds.

No one is saying the wii isnt fun, but the general argument here is taking place in a PS3 section. Theres a lot of illogical sony hate and fanboys have nothing better to do than troll here. What a few of us are trying to get at is that the wii isnt the god people are making it out to be, nor is the PS3 the crap fanboys are making it out to be. Its quite funny when you look at the big picture.

I will not attempt to "argue" against a fanboy who thinks that the only consoles worth having are those with better graphics. He ignored the lesson of the DS.

RedProdigy said:
He ignored the lesson of the DS.

haha Lesson is cheaper prices = more sales. more sales =| better system. I cant believe you are unable to grasp this. hahaha cute.

Honda civic is cheap and sells a lot of them, Mercedes SL Roadster is not cheap and does not sell a lot of them. Tell me, which is the better car?

Hahahahahaha.....no.

Lesson: Unique controls can sell.

People thought the DS was a gimmick and it wasn't going to sell. Oops, they were wrong! Brain Age and Nintendogs, 2 games that fully utilize the touch screen, are the best selling games on the DS. Besides, the price difference between the DS and the PSP wasn't as large as the Wii and PS3.

A better analogy is would you rather have a hover car or a normal car?

the wii has 4 times the sales as the ps3....i dont get what's to beat :p

RedProdigy said:
Hahahahahaha.....no.

Lesson: Unique controls can sell.

People thought the DS was a gimmick and it wasn't going to sell. Oops, they were wrong! Brain Age and Nintendogs, 2 games that fully utilize the touch screen, are the best selling games on the DS. Besides, the price difference between the DS and the PSP wasn't as large as the Wii and PS3.

A better analogy is would you rather have a hover car or a normal car?

Ok you are officially braindead.

Shiftfallout said:
Ok you are officially braindead.

Lol, what a comeback. A real one-two punch, isn't it? Is that the best you can come up with?

I used "hover car" and "normal car" to show the REAL difference between Wii/DS and PS3/PSP. The hover car is not perfect but it does have advantages over normal cars.

RedProdigy said:
Lol, what a comeback. A real one-two punch, isn't it? Is that the best you can come up with?

I used "hover car" and "normal car" to show the REAL difference between Wii/DS and PS3/PSP. The hover car is not perfect but it does have advantages over normal cars.

Its not a comeback. Im just stating what appears to be the truth. I would have more luck teaching a monkey to talk. Thats how illogical you are.

By the way, your analogy is childish and has no real substance or relevance. You argue that the wii must be better because it sells more. You are wrong. You cannot base a systems capabilties by how much it sells, or how cheap it is. Again honda vs mercedes.

The wii remote is not new technology. Its a tv remote used for games. Thats how miyamoto came up with the idea. I like the controller as well, but a controller is one piece of a whole. You cant base how good a car is by its tires. Or its windows. You have to look at the entire machine.

Nintendo has more sales because they are known for having 1. the cheapest systems on the market. This is done by not using the latest technology, they are very basic systems with one main fuction. Family gaming. This means their target audience is very large. 2. Sony on the other hand, does not have a large target audience, its sales are low because its targeting a specific type of group. Do you know anything about marketing at all? The DS is a little less than half the price of the PSP. The PSP targets more mature gamers who are willing to spend more on the system. Hands down the PSP is a more powerful system, but is it as accessable as the DS. No. Sales do not equal power and potential.

Back