MGS4 Release Date + New PS3 Bundle

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
mgs4_release_date.jpg

Word from Destination PlayStation, a retailers-only conference for all things PlayStation related, is that Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming to the PlayStation 3 on June 12, 2008. According to sources there now, the release of Kojima Productions action-stealth game will arrive on a Thursday, oddly enough. Even more interesting is that we're hearing word that Sony will be offering a hardware bundle that features MGS4, an 80GB PlayStation 3 and a DualShock 3 packed-in.

We're checking with Konami for official word on the matter and will update with additional information soon.

Source:http://kotaku.com/360906/metal-gear-solid-4-finally-has-a-release-date

Seems pretty good to me, especially with that PS3 bundle.

Edit: Here's the box for the PS3 Bundle. Thanks for the pic D1nner.
metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20080226051222749.jpg

Last edited:
If it does come out on that date that will be bang on my birthday and i was planning on getting a PS3 for my birthday. Any idea of price?

Apparently there is a Multiplayer Beta coming in april when you pre-order MGS4, looks like its time for me to head over to the store soon.

I don't own a PS3 and I still rank this as the most anticipated game of the year. I was one of the few million lucky enough to play Metal Gear Solid 3 Online. It was the best shooter I ever played (They closed the servers in a year). This will probably be the highest selling PS3 game, and over take Motorstorm which occupies the top at 2.7 million copies sold. To all those who own a PS3 and are about to play MGS4 Online, you are in for a serious treat.

$499 same as motorstorm

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 Bundle
To coincide with the much-anticipated North American launch of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots in late Q2 2008, SCEA will introduce a PS3 bundle, which will include an 80GB PS3, the upcoming blockbuster Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for $499.99 (MSRP).
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...le-kratos-psp-and-dualshock3-release-date-by/

i heard you have to buy the online version -.-

does this have multiplayer?

Good deal. I figured we wouldn't get this until the earliest August. But, 3 days after my birthday is a rather nice release.. but that also it a Thursday. I think I'll wait until we get closer to release before getting my hopes up.

I just found out it's $500! So instead of price dropping, they are going back to $500. I am very very confident Sony just screwed themselves. This year Sony could have gained major ground with a price drop. The $400 version has been selling quite well. It's proof Sony needs to drop the PS3 $100 more this year. Instead they go back to $500. MGS3 only sold a few million copies, it's no where near enough to warrent them to bank their whole company on MGS4 which will probably sell 3-6 million copies at best, and that's not good enough.

Not really... Its $500 for the 80gig version not 40gig and it comes with Dualshock controller and MGS4, thats a pretty fair price.

T3kNi9e said:
Not really... Its $500 for the 80gig version not 40gig and it comes with Dualshock controller and MGS4, thats a pretty fair price.
hell yeah it is! this is great news! if i didnt have a ps3 already id get this package.

Try explaining that to the majority of consumers. Fans will buy gold colored sh!t. Consumers will think about cost first before anything else. If Sony offered the PS3 at $350 with MGS4, then you'd see serious sales. The controller is a beast! $54!? Take it out of the package and drop that damn price. Let the fans get the controller on their own time.

Back