Microsoft Ready For Wii "Graduates"?

pYRo said:
OMG i'm really beginning to hate microsoft now. It should be the other way around. People need to "graduate" from the 360 and move on to the revolutionary nintendo wii. I say this because I believe that the next consoles will all have motion-sensing capabilities to the wii's extent, because it's just so much better than those old-school analog sticks. But that's just my opinion.
wow, this is exactly whats not needed. whether you like it or not wii isnt a great "single console" to own unless youre a complete fanboy (and fanboyism is for stupid people who like to limit their gaming).

Last edited:
@pYRo: Are you really saying people need to move to a Wii because they're now just bored of their first loves? I think it should be the other way around, at least when you get a secondary console the other gets decent attention until something new comes out for the previous console (and 08' is the Wii's year baby).

I was thinking of buying a 360... I already have a Wii, OH NOES MICROSOFT CONTROLS MY BRAIN!!!!

We've known this one for a while. It makes a hell of a lot of sense.
360 pretty much gives every1 PC quality titles for 1/10th the price of an equivalently powered PC... Meanwhile Wii gives everyonean experience unlike any other for even less of the price. *gahhh I'm so torn!!* (Buys a PC and a Wii).

Sovieto said:
wow, this is exactly whats not needed. whether you like it or not wii isnt a great "single console" to own unless youre a complete fanboy (and fanboyism for stupid people who like to limit their gaming).

Limit my gaming? So by buying a system that is dominated by the first person shooter I'm not limiting my gaming but by buying a system with a smaller set of very diverse games I am limiting my gaming? I don't think the word "limit" means what you think it means.

Whether you like it or not, a lot of people buying a Wii aren't traditional video game console owners. They don't buy into this "generation" and "console war" crap and don't have the time or inclination to buy more than one video gaming system. They weren't even looking to buy a video game system. They just saw/played/heard about the Wii and decided to get one for themselves or their kids since it was relatively cheap and fun. If the only video game systems out today were the 360 and the PS3, these people wouldn't have bought anything.

Kudos to Microsoft for realizing that these people really do exist and their effort to get those people to buy a Microsoft console, too. Now if they could just get some games together that might appeal to this sort of video game player...

hal2814 said:
Limit my gaming? So by buying a system that is dominated by the first person shooter I'm not limiting my gaming but by buying a system with a smaller set of very diverse games I am limiting my gaming? I don't think the word "limit" means what you think it means.

Whether you like it or not, a lot of people buying a Wii aren't traditional video game console owners. They don't buy into this "generation" and "console war" crap and don't have the time or inclination to buy more than one video gaming system. They weren't even looking to buy a video game system. They just saw/played/heard about the Wii and decided to get one for themselves or their kids since it was relatively cheap and fun. If the only video game systems out today were the 360 and the PS3, these people wouldn't have bought anything.

Kudos to Microsoft for realizing that these people really do exist and their effort to get those people to buy a Microsoft console, too. Now if they could just get some games together that might appeal to this sort of video game player...

You are what I called a misinformed person. To think Xbox is mainly FPS is way off. It shows you really don't know anything about the 360 outside of ads you see on TV, Internet and what you hear people say. You hear about FPS because the fact is America likes FPS titles. This is why FPS games is a genre that US actually does good in at tournaments.

But you are right about the people who bought the console. But Microsoft is making games for those people. Thats why they made the Arcade console and the "Scene it" bundle. But personally I dont want the 360 to go casual. 360 is a hardcore console. So if you are a hardcore gamer with a Wii, you should compliment the Wii with a 360 so you can get the best of both worlds. Because as much as people may call me a 360 fanboy because I play it more, im still not missing out on anything a Wii gamer has or even a PS3 cuz I have them all.

Last edited:
T3kNi9e said:
You are what I called a misinformed person. To think Xbox is mainly 360 is way off. It shows you really don't know anything about the 360 outside of ads you see on TV, Internet and what you hear people say. You hear about FPS because the fact is America likes FPS titles. This is why FPS games is a genre that US actually does good in at tournaments.

What people see and hear in adds and by word of mouth thats who you sell to!!
Its' not called misinformed its called the casual gamer... And they are the majority not Fanboys...The only people that know every little detail about each system and what they offer are the "fanboys"

Granted fanboys are great to have rooting for your console but to MS/Sony/Nintendo im sure they would rather loose the small 10% or so of hardcore fans in place of the huge audience of casual gamers that make up there sales...
Because in the end they are the ones that make the investment worth it. The hardcore would barely let them break even in cost...

MS is doing well for being out over 2 years, no worse numbers than ps3 is and thats with RROD, and have really nothing to complain about. They are just trying to pry into the huge casual market more like Nintendo has done very well this round...

I think Sony and MS haven't really noticed in the past that there systems sold mainly to the casual based on the "hardcores" word of mouth of these systems... PS2 sold 120 million copies so far is that all hardcore? no way 100 million units sold because of the ps2's appeal to the mass audience by advertisements and hot titles, or the casual in one way or another...

This Gen just seems to be hitting them harder than normal because Nintendo opened up a new market of Casual gamers that we haven't seen before...
Its not just little kids waiting on christmas consoles and young adults spending extra cash... Your getting entire familys and even the elderly in some cases involved in gaming lol, and people comming back to gaming after being away for years because of the VC and retro games..

Of course they would love to be 2nd place to the Wii, this is video game history sales numbers nothing like this has ever happened before and there is alot of cash going around! More than ever seen before...

Everyone wants in on it even if it means sharing, It should be a good Gen for everyone, although the Winner is fairly clear already... by completely owning the majority of the new casual gamer...

Last edited:
T3kNi9e said:
You are what I called a misinformed person. To think Xbox is mainly 360 is way off.

Is there something else to "360" that isn't the XBox? I was under the impression that the 360 was the followup console to the original XBox.

T3kNi9e said:
It shows you really don't know anything about the 360 outside of ads you see on TV, Internet and what you hear people say.

So what I know from the XBox is what I hear everyone (including current owners I know) say about the system? If that's misinformation then whose fault is that? How is someone supposed to come away with another view of the system when the info straight from the horse's mouth says otherwise? On a slight tangent, I have yet to see a 360 or PS3 on display that wasn't playing some sort of FPS game.

T3kNi9e said:
You hear about FPS because the fact is America likes FPS titles. This is why FPS games is a genre that US actually does good in at tournaments.

All Americans don't like FPS titles. The genre does pretty well for itself among current video gamers but if you look at the top selling video games, you'll be hard-pressed to find an FPS title. Halo 2 & 3 are both clocking in at around 8 million but that's a pretty small number compared to the likes of The Sims (16 million) or Super Mario 3 (18 million). The biggest things the FPS has going for it are the massive amounts of middleware available for the genre and the willingness of FPS players to play a large number of games derived from the same set of middleware.

T3kNi9e said:
But you are right about the people who bought the console. But Microsoft is making games for those people. Thats why they made the Arcade console and the "Scene it" bundle. But personally I dont want the 360 to go casual. 360 is a hardcore console. So if you are a hardcore gamer with a Wii, you should compliment the Wii with a 360 so you can get the best of both worlds. Because as much as people may call me a 360 fanboy because I play it more, im still not missing out on anything a Wii gamer has or even a PS3 cuz I have them all.

Is the arcade console and the "Scene it" bundle locked away in a cave somewhere? Or more importantly, are they being advertised somewhere where the people who would actually buy them would find them?

Seems to me if you're a "hardcore" gamer, you're complimenting the 360 with the Wii, not the other way around. Out of curiosity, why does it matter if the 360 "go[es] casual?" Seems like the extra people owning the console would be a good thing?

Sovieto said:
wow, this is exactly whats not needed. whether you like it or not wii isnt a great "single console" to own unless youre a complete fanboy (and fanboyism for stupid people who like to limit their gaming).

Are you calling me STUPID!? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? I just own a wii and not any other console because its all i need, and i just dont think video games are important enough to waste money on another system + all the games to go with it. And i'm not a fanboy either. I just figured that this console would be the best out of the three. And how is it limiting my gaming? That doesn't make sense. And one more thing, I recommend that you actually think before you post. Not that you're stupid or anything.

Last edited:
pYRo said:
Are you calling me STUPID!? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? I just own a wii and not any other console because its all i need, and i just dont think video games are important enough to waste money on another system + all the games to go with it. And i'm not a fanboy either. I just figured that this console would be the best out of the three. And how is it limiting my gaming? That doesn't make sense. And one more thing, I recommend that you actually think before your post. Not that you're stupid or anything.
*Clears throat* :lol:

im really suprised about the way microsoft is handling this, i totally agree with everything they said and im glad that they didnt just bash the wii like some people do

Quote:
Originally Posted by pYRo
Are you calling me STUPID!? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? I just own a wii and not any other console because its all i need, and i just dont think video games are important enough to waste money on another system + all the games to go with it. And i'm not a fanboy either. I just figured that this console would be the best out of the three. And how is it limiting my gaming? That doesn't make sense. And one more thing, I recommend that you actually think before your post. Not that you're stupid or anything.
261311 said:
*Clears throat* :lol:

.............your point is?

the eejits arguing me post are just that, eejits. YES, you are limiting your gaming by having 1 console, its a FACT. Being a fanboy doesn't help, and @ pyro, you admitted you're a fanboy so your opinion means nothing.

listen to teknige, anyone saying 360 is just FPS then you are phail to the tenth power. I wasn't aware Gears of War, Mass Effect, Too Human, GTA IV, Lost Odyssey, Dead Rising were FPSs. So are you willing to argue that? Or admit you're indeed, ill-informed.

Sovieto said:
the eejits arguing me post are just that, eejits. YES, you are limiting your gaming by having 1 console, its a FACT. Being a fanboy doesn't help, and @ pyro, you admitted you're a fanboy so your opinion means nothing.

listen to teknige, anyone saying 360 is just FPS then you are phail to the tenth power. I wasn't aware Gears of War, Mass Effect, Too Human, GTA IV, Lost Odyssey, Dead Rising were FPSs. So are you willing to argue that? Or admit you're indeed, ill-informed.

When did i admit to being a fanboy? Do you think i'm a fanboy just because i have a wii? Well in that case, everyone is a fanboy, according to you. And you still haven't explained why having only a wii limits gaming. Probably because you don't even know what you're talking about.

Back