Microsoft slaps Sony..Again

mk_south_london

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom*
Jan 3, 2007
uk
Wii Online Code
7195-7874-4951-1917
Apparently users of the ps3 who try 2 access their Hotmail accounts are notified of their cookies being disabled and cannot read their emails.

Looks like microsoft have got more than a grudge going on here

I don't get it. Whats the significance of this? Are you saying Microsoft is doing something on purpose to screw with p$3 owners? If thats true I have mixed feelings about it.

When Microsoft xbox reps say things like this "I really can't see why anyone would choose anything but the Xbox 360." in interviews whenever the Wii or Ps3 come up.. And when you see them giving out free stuff and holding signs in front of the PS3 launch lines...

it really makes you believe that they would even go as far as to prevent users from accessing things like their hotmail accounts from a ps3. Whats next? the wii? Perhaps microsoft is starting to feel threatened by Sony based on future predictions. I dont think anyones worried about the wii.

Oh please...sony the little guy? Get real. sony probably deserves this. And I honestly could care less about p$3 owners in general. Most of em are arrogant, annoying, people who can't understand the concept of, "good old chldlike fun". If sony is so bothered by it then they can figure out their own way to strike back.

Shiftfallout said:
When Microsoft xbox reps say things like this "I really can't see why anyone would choose anything but the Xbox 360." in interviews whenever the Wii or Ps3 come up.. And when you see them giving out free stuff and holding signs in front of the PS3 launch lines...

it really makes you believe that they would even go as far as to prevent users from accessing things like their hotmail accounts from a ps3. Whats next? the wii? Perhaps microsoft is starting to feel threatened by Sony based on future predictions. I dont think anyones worried about the wii.

Microsoft arent threatened by the Wii, they've stated it before. They even know that alot of people are doing the Wii60 which is boosting both sales. I doubt they would try anything that dumb. (And dont forget, Sony has tried giving freebies for their Ps3 also, didnt help too much)

MasterJedi2U said:
Oh please...sony the little guy?

No, Sony isn't much better than Microsoft -> It's the comsumer I was referring to as the 'little guy', the guy nobody cares about.

man thats more than just crafty, thats like a bazooka to the face.
i can understand both companies have thier differences but i don't see why we should be the ones to suffer as a result.

OH okay...lol. Now that makes sense. But still it doesn't really bother me. As for Microsoft not worrying about the Wii...they are in a position to believe that although I don't believe for a second that Nintendo isn't a threat to them in terms of sales. Bottom line though in regards to this thread is, "An eye for eye". sony's move next.

MasterJedi2U said:
OH okay...lol. Now that makes sense. But still it doesn't really bother me. As for Microsoft not worrying about the Wii...they are in a position to believe that although I don't believe for a second that Nintendo isn't a threat to them in terms of sales. Bottom line though in regards to this thread is, "An eye for eye". sony's move next.

Oh i have no doubt they truly are worried about the Wii. But i cant see them disabling people's wiis for things since Nintendo is a better ally at this point then an enemy.

ps3s arent really made for hotmail. jus use a computer. simple

PtonJalken said:
Microsoft arent threatened by the Wii, they've stated it before. They even know that alot of people are doing the Wii60 which is boosting both sales. I doubt they would try anything that dumb. (And dont forget, Sony has tried giving freebies for their Ps3 also, didnt help too much)

I said that as a hypothetical question followed by the comment that I think no one will ever feel threatened over the Wii. Reason being is Wii is on a different level than the PS3 and Xbox. Its like in boxing, you have heavy weight and feather weight. The Wii is the only feather weight system in the ring, but for the heavy weights microsoft has sony. The wii is cheap and accessable enought that it makes a good companion system for one of the heavy weights (360/ps3).

Sony giving out freebies to their owners is a bit different than Microsoft giving freebies that say 360 loves you to PS3 customers. See the difference?

mk_south_london said:
ps3s arent really made for hotmail. jus use a computer. simple

I agree computers are usually the best choice for everything.. but where does it say the PS3s are not for browsing the internet and checking email? PS3s are build to be multifunctional, even the Wii has a browser. Your argument can be that the wiis are not really made for hotmail also. But i think that would be a bit off.. if your console is made to view the internet, it should not be blocked purely because you are using a different brand console to view it.

Last edited:
I highly doubt Microsoft set out to specifically work against Sony, not that it's not below them to attempt such a thing, it's just that, as far as I know, the PS3 doesn't broadcast to a website that it is, in fact, a PS3. It's quite possible that the user simply doesn't have cookies enabled...

Back