Microsoft to get Blu-ray player~ Evidently this is not surprising

zeon9881

Slowly drifting away
Dec 10, 2006
My PSN is zein9881
Wii Online Code
7428-8550-5786-2492
Well we all have heard about the recent warner to bluray, and than walmart, and than toshiba and than alomost every other good studio/retailer

Microsoft has announced (or its a rumor, but either way its coming) that a blu-ray for 360 is coming

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/Console/J7L7H2R4

lol, this is fun, MS adapting to Blu-ray, ps3 is still the better choice though, imagine how much this blu-ray player would cost

That is quite predictable, Microsoft were one of the only companies backing HD-DVD, Im really glad that one format is starting to dominate already, otherwise we couldve been stuck having to buy multi-everything.

yeah i called it in another thread saying they would just switch to blu ray! but no it wont cost that much. the hd-dvd player was $200, im guessing this will be around the same price, $250 at most. all youre buying is an addon to read the discs, the 360 is already capable of running it which is how the blu ray on the ps3 is so "cheap".

Sovieto said:
yeah i called it in another thread saying they would just switch to blu ray! but no it wont cost that much. the hd-dvd player was $200, im guessing this will be around the same price, $250 at most. all youre buying is an addon to read the discs, the 360 is already capable of running it which is how the blu ray on the ps3 is so "cheap".

yea this is good, gives costumors a chance of buying the right format

but buying a 360 for 300 than a add-on will be more than ps3, but its good for people who already have it

lol i cant wait for The Dark Knight

I'd buy it if it came out for around the same price as the HD DVD player is now. At the moment the cheapest blu-ray player is only £20 cheaper than the PS3 :p

Happy said:
I'd buy it if it came out for around the same price as the HD DVD player is now. At the moment the cheapest blu-ray player is only £20 cheaper than the PS3 :p

yea but ps3 is still the best blu-ray on the market

360's might or will have a good chance of being better but i see the price of it around 200-250-300 any one of em

xxmarioxx said:
But if this happened, would the older games work fine?

No the 360 will not have the blu-ray drive built into it, it will be a add on because if they did release it inside a 360 imagine how much it would be, imagine yourself paying more for a 360 to play the blu-ray games and what not

theirs alot of reason why this would be a Add-on,:wink:

Right now if you look at the average prices for roughly the same level equipment in stand-alones and drive only for BD vs. HD-D, the BD gear is about 2-2.5x the price of HD-D.

If MS does offer an external BD drive within the next 6-12 months, I suspect it will be at least $250.00 (US). Still a 360 + HD-D + BD addons makes a pretty powerful media machine with a reasonably small footprint.

hopefully someone will make a driver or something so it can be used on a mac (that would really be the only reason i would want one so i can watch blu-ray on my laptop)

Mitch2025 said:
hopefully someone will make a driver or something so it can be used on a mac (that would really be the only reason i would want one so i can watch blu-ray on my laptop)

lol, i thought their already were bluray drives =P

anyways

whats up Mitch, i dont like your avatar, the GOW was better

lol microsoft is copying the PS3! they actually have a sixaxis knock off peripheral pattented and expected to release (saw that in game informer i think) and people say sony copied 360 with a home button, lol every console has that now but sixaxis was unique to ps3 and so was blu-ray (ok motion was wiis thing but sixaxis is a bit different)

zeon9881 said:
lol, i thought their already were bluray drives =P

anyways

whats up Mitch, i dont like your avatar, the GOW was better
blu-ray drives are already out but i want the 360 one because i can use it on my HDTV through the 360 or use it on the go (during road trips ect) on my laptop (if someone makes a driver for it to work on a mac like they did with the HD-DVD)

Mitch2025 said:
blu-ray drives are already out but i want the 360 one because i can use it on my HDTV through the 360 or use it on the go (during road trips ect) on my laptop (if someone makes a driver for it to work on a mac like they did with the HD-DVD)
but does your lap top even display 1080p? causew hats the point if it can only do 720 or 480 ya know? but i dont know anything about lap top screen and all that stuff. so w/e, im just askin.

Back