MLB 2k8-NO ONLINE!!!

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
Im not 100% sure but i have a strong gut feeling MLB 2k8 for the wii wont have online.. WHy? Because on 2ksports forum somone had nintedo power and said there was an article on 2k8 and said that the wii version does not have playable minor league teams unlike all the other versions. Then the press release of the game from 2k came out... Then right where it has some features it says " Certain features will vary betweeen platforms" Which means Wii will not have most features. So i doubt it will have online. i bet 2k saw no reason to put online in the wii version. Il still get this game but i hate the fact that we are being left out. I could be wrong, but i doubt it. I cannot find 1 piece of real evidence saying the wii will have online.. If anyone has nintendo power, take a look and see if it says anything..
http://wii.ign.com/articles/851/851601p1.html

February 12, 2008 - While dedicated baseball fans eagerly anticipate the start of Spring Training, the next installment of the wildly popular Major League Baseball 2K franchise steps up to the plate and swings for the fences. 2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today unveiled a host of exciting new gameplay features and added content for Major League Baseball 2K8, as fans will have the opportunity this season to play the most enjoyable and authentic baseball simulation experience available.

"With Major League Baseball 2K8, our goal was to bring fans of the Major League Baseball 2K series closer to the exciting baseball action than ever before," said Ben Brinkman, Executive Producer of the Major League Baseball 2K franchise. "We read the message boards and forums, and spoke to MLB players in an effort to deliver realism and tap into what the fans want in a baseball video game. From the new pitching system, and fielding and baserunning controls, to a completely overhauled batting interface, and addition of a robust Minor League system, Major League Baseball 2K8 will deliver players a fun experience they will want to play year round."

Some of the exciting new features and added content in Major League Baseball 2K8 include:

Total Pitch Control - A new, innovative pitching interface that allows players to emulate the realistic motion of pitching a live baseball. Execution of speed and precise accuracy involves matching specific gestures and release with the right analog stick, simulating the arm and wrist action involved in throwing that particular type of pitch.

Swing Stick 2.0 - Improved batting controls that offer players unparalleled ball-to-bat contact that will be determined by timing, direction, and pitch location for a greater variety of realistic hits including grounders, blooper singles, dribblers, gappers, long home runs, and more using the right analog stick.

All-New Baserunning - Simplified controls that allow fans to easily select players with the left analog stick and guide them toward specified bases with ease.

Precision Throw Control - Provides unprecedented control over throw accuracy using the right analog stick, bringing a new level of realism to playing defense.

Full Minor Leagues - Fans will be treated to 90 authentic minor league teams, along with 18 minor league stadiums in franchise and exhibition modes.

Two of the Best Commentators in the Business - 2K Sports proudly brings back to the broadcast booth the popular duo of Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan, delivering the most entertaining and deepest commentary available in any baseball franchise.

**Certain features will vary between platforms.

Along with a host of other new features, Major League Baseball 2K8 includes added Signature Style animations such as new and improved player walk-ups, batting stances, home run celebrations, steps-ins and step-outs, and more to make each unique player true to life. For competitive players, Major League Baseball 2K8 allows fans to have fun while competing against each other online, testing their skills in a single game, tournament or full league season against more than one million elite online gamers in the 2K community. New online lobbies have been added to help users match up with others who want to play with a similar style, including a "Strikes Only" lobby, where pitchers can only throw in the strike zone, and lobbies where players use the advanced analog stick controls or the controls from previous iterations of the Major League Baseball 2K series.

Major League Baseball 2K8, rated E for Everyone by the ESRB, will be available in retail stores in March 4, 2008 for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, PSP (PlayStation Portable) system, and Wii home video game system from Nintendo.

gay. wii aways gets left out. i was looking forward to this game.

2kSports doesn't give a crap about any platform but the 360 and PS3. This obvious by the completely ugly and buggy games they put out on the DS, PSP, PS2, etc.

They're not going to give the Wii anything special. It's obvious what platform they want to focus on.

i could be wrong but i know its true. Funny when i remeber 2k sayins we will not have 2k7 for the wii. We want to get down the controls and make it the best for 2k8. Hopefully thats part true. But i want online so badly. Ever since i knew it was possible i wanted baseball online. People will buy this game. I will still get this for sure, but it will not be as good. playing the computer gets boring. If you dont have a friend over, then ur stuck playing the comp. I cant even get in touch with 2k sports. I tried everything, email, call, i emailed ign asking them and i just e-mailed gonintendo asking them if they knew how to find out...

I hope thats not true.
That is the only thing that will make that game worth getting IMO.

I may rent it still.

anyone have nintendo power??? maybe you can tell us what it says??? i want ign to have a hands on preview because i am sure they would mention if it has online or not.. game comes out less then a month so i hope they have a preview...

well then i guess its official, this game will be played on the 360 for me, eventhough i probably wont play online all that much anyway, the graphics and option to play online puts it on my 360 list, but i really like wii controls :(

Back