Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for Wii

archie

WiiChat Member
Jul 29, 2006
SoCal
August 1, 2006 - Publisher Midway on Tuesday revealed to IGN that it is planning to bring its new entry into the bloody Mortal Kombat series, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, to Nintendo's Wii console. The title will arrive for the system in the first quarter of next year, according to representatives for the company.

"We are extremely excited to be bringing the action of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon to the Nintendo Wii in early 2007," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "Our Chicago studio, under the direction of Ed Boon, has been working extremely hard to make Armageddon stand out in a big way with the inclusion of the entire Mortal Kombat character lineup, the Motor Kombat mini-game, a new Konquest mode and several other innovative gameplay additions that help keep the franchise at the top of its genre. We're confident that Wii fans will truly appreciate the finished product when it's ready to hit store shelves."

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, expected for PlayStation 2 and Xbox this October, represents a culmination of the franchise's history, featuring more than 60 characters, a Kreate-a-Fighter mode, mid-air attacks, a dynamic fatality system, and much more. The E3 2006 demo of the game included such playable characters as Montaro, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sektor, Sheeva, Shinnok, Stryker, Taven, Goro, Shao Kahn, Fujin, Jarek, Kai, Kintaro, Rain, Reiko and Sareena.

Midway has decreased the number of fighting styles per character from three to one in an attempt to maintain balance between the greatest selection of Kombat characters in a videogame to date. However, the ability to string together mid-air combos and custom create fatalities on the fly complements a host of levels that are more interactive than ever before, with backdrops ranging from spinning fan blades to pools of acid and lava.

Midway has not yet revealed how it plans to take advantage of Nintendo's unique controller for the Wii version of the title.

We've uploaded multiplatform videos and screenshots of Armageddon to our media section as these should be entirely representative of the Wii build.

i got this from ign
http://wii.ign.com/articles/722/722491p1.html

This is great news for me! I'm a long time Mortal Kombat fan. I wonder if it'll be online playable (since the xbox and PS2 do have connections already).

I also hope that the mentioned motor kombat will be a little like Road Rash (also loved that game). Although I would also love to see a seperate Road Rash game for the Wii too!

Here is more some good news for all you MK fans out there:
Kotaku.com said:
mortalkombatwii.jpg

Thought the Wii was going to be chalk-a-block with "non-games" that only Japanese housewives enjoy? Oh, no, no. To appease thirteen year-olds and man children like Florian, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon is going to be ripping spinal chords out on the Wii. The game is heading to the console sometime during first quarter 2007. Cannot wait to see exactly how finishing moves like pulling out an opponent's beating heart will work with the Wii-mote. Brian Ashcraft
This is good news for me. Even though I hardly play MK (mostly because I'm too young to buy it right now), I like the game series. And this will be another reason for my brother (27) to get a Wii.

Is there any chance this'll be a launch title? It does say it will come out in the fall, which is when the Wii is supposed to come out. If it is a launch title, though the chances are slim, I'll get it. The create a character feature seems very in-depth and has many details. Judging from the videos.

my mistake the Wii version is uot spring 2007.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/845/845775/vids_1.html

Last edited:
Octogon said:
Is there any chance this'll be a launch title? It does say it will come out in the fall, which is when the Wii is supposed to come out. If it is a launch title, though the chances are slim, I'll get it. The create a character feature seems very in-depth and has many details. Judging from the videos.

my mistake the Wii version is uot spring 2007.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/845/845775/vids_1.html
It comes out in the fall for xbox and ps2 but for Wii it's coming out in the first quarter of 2007

Back