Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Images and Info

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Midway have released some screenshots and an information fact sheet for their soon to be released Wii title, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

MK: Armageddon will feature more than 60 fighters from the Mortal Kombat franchise (new and old). The game will also include some new fight modes including Kreate-A-Fighter mode and Kreate-A-Fatality mode, plus a brand new Konquest mode and Endurance Mode.

Here's some more detailed info from the fact sheet with screenshots and control images at the bottom of this post.

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon is due for release April 2007 on Wii.

Exclusive to the Wii:
Players will be able to take their fighting action to a whole new level with all special moves and fatalities executed via the Wii-mote. In addition, not only will gamers be able to enjoy all aspects of Armageddon with the Wii-mote, but the GameCube and Classic Controller as well!

New Endurance Mode Comes to the Wii:
Appearing for the first time on consoles, Armageddon will feature a deeply enhanced Endurance Mode, allowing gamers to test their true fighting stamina.

Select from more than 60 characters from the Entire Mortal Kombat Fighting Universe: From Liu Kang to Shang Tsung to Shao Kahn, Mortal Kombat:
Armageddon will feature more playable fighters than any other Mortal Kombat game to date.

All-New Customized Kreate-A-Fighter Mode:
For the first time ever in a Mortal Kombat game players will be able to use a Kreate-A-Fighter feature to create and define their fighter’s look, abilities and personality with a deep level of customization and take that unique fighter online.

Unique Kreate-A-Fatality System:
Fans now have the ability to create their own custom fatalities by stringing together a series of attacks via a series of button combos; those that prove worthy can take their very own death moves online to showcase to the world.

Entirely Revamped & Improved Konquest Mode: What formally served as a training mission has evolved into a full-blown adventure.

Attachments

• 23304_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    23304_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 23305_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    23305_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 23306_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    23306_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 385
  • 23307_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    23307_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 23308_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    23308_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 423
  • 23309_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    23309_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,309
  • 23310_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    23310_mortalkombatarm.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,081
i saw a video on youtube and the controls look great. here it is for anyone who hasnt seen it:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xucg0sqwmqc[/MEDIA]

Looks good to me (lifelong Mortal Kombat fan - even the movies)

I wonder if the April release is just for the US or if its for UK/Australia too.

I can't wait for the Kreate-A-Fighter mode. I've been wanting to do that since the first MK.

That would be amazing, to be able to create your own character and play with him online against other created characters.

Bubble bursted. But thanks for that, now I won't be disappointed if I bought the game and expected online play later on.

It seems like the Wii version will be better. I might actually get it even though there is another MK game is coming out later this year.

Can you not read? On second thought let me not say anything more. This game looks to be great but it is lacking in some areas. Look it up on Wikipedia and read what it says. I think I'm gonna wait for the next MK assuming there is one. Somewhere along the line the series got a little to big for itself. I like a lot of the new characters but some of them have no point all. And then whenever I get an MK game and beat it the endings either disappoint me or confuse me. Smash Bros is where the real fighting is!

All-New Customized Kreate-A-Fighter Mode:
For the first time ever in a Mortal Kombat game players will be able to use a Kreate-A-Fighter feature to create and define their fighter’s look, abilities and personality with a deep level of customization and take that unique fighter online.

Is it just me or do any of you read "take that unique fighter online"?

^We'll have to wait and see I hope it is online seeing how this would be a perfect way to wait for the new Super Smash to be out.

I've just watched a HD interview with Ed Boon. There is some hope for online in the future...

"...The Wii version doesn't have online fighting, the infrastructure wasn't really in place yet. If it was, we would have been all over it because as you know Armageddon for the other versions (PS2 and Xbox) was online, so once it's available we're gonna be all over it"

Back