Multiplayer Essential in Great Games?

Of course, some games you feel that multiplayer has just been added on as an afterthought. The Darkness on 360 is an excellent example, brilliant single player game, but boy was the multiplayer rubbish. As long as the multiplayer adds something to the game, and doesn't take anything away from single player, it is always a good thing.

Going back to my last post Nintendo really needs to sort out voice comms in online play, okay some people don't like it, but I find it a good way to make friends online and enhances my enjoyment of the game.

I agree Jamie, if there has been thought put into the multiplayer of a game then by all means go for it, but if it is terrible like some I've played then what's the point. I think that with a little effort they could make Zelda co-op and quite fun, but that's me and most likely will never happen.

exactly as i said in the original post, As long as it does not affect the single player, it makes it better,

even if they shove on one that is terrible at least it is there, as long as the terrible multiplayer does not affect the singleplayer, as long as they do not have to sacrafice some single player action then its good to have

i have recetly accidentally sparked up spme more debate on this subject about metroid and halo3 and RE4 and Zelda lol
soz

chat about it here people please

i don't like playing game by myself... when i'm alone i have better things to do then to relax with my wii controller and newest game so i definately agree that most games need multiplayer to be great... there are exceptions though, like zelda as u said is an amazing game one of my favorites but i don't play it anymore because i've already beaten it multiple times it was still a great game but without multiplayer its popularity died rather fast

i like a good sol campaing but love a gr8 multiplayer

Yup, Crystal Chronicles was multiplayer. You just needed more than one GBA and some link cables. ^^ I finished the game only by playing w/ my older sis. XP Single player kills me, I'm no good at it.

I definitely LOVE the concept of multiplayer, especially if it's same-screen like FFCC or Legend of Mana. I don't mind split screen, though.

However, games that are traditionally single player like Zelda, I think it'd be best to leave them that way. I'd like to see fresh new rpgs that offer good coop play! I have high hopes for Soul Calibur Legends here...

personally i think metroid prime would suck with multiplayer seeing as its a game meant to be just a single player game and also seeing how mp2 multiplayer was im glad it doesnt have one

rocknroll4eva said:
personally i think metroid prime would suck with multiplayer seeing as its a game meant to be just a single player game and also seeing how mp2 multiplayer was im glad it doesnt have one

Did you ever think of MPH? That game was awesome until it didn't connect to my router.

I think close minded too I'll admit sometimes, but you've got to be a little more open here.

I'm working on it though.

i have just got MP3 and i love it.

but i would love it 3X more if it had online, or even offline multiplayer,

as long as it didnt effect single player,

even if multiplayer was bad, i would still be gald they gave us the option, for it,

Excellent Opinion jake, seriously, thats exaclty what i think. EXACTLY,

i think no game can be 10/10 without multiplayer, becase there will alwyas be something missing

Back