Multiplayer Essential in Great Games?

daviduk200

The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
i agree and disagree,

But be honest any great game without multiplayer, would be even better if it had opportunities for multiplayer, (if it did not effect the main game) im sure i would prefer any game with multiplayer.

Take zelda for instance, i loved it, But if it had multiplayer i would most likely play it still today, where as i rarely play it now, (i know zelda is not meant to be mulitplayer, but it would be better if it had it)

i value multiplayer gaming alot as i come from a big family, and have lots of friends, i dont wanna hang around playing single player games with family or friends thats just boring. and im sure many will agree (aswell as disagree), therefore any great game would be better with multiplayer

But i would like to point out. that my top games are all single player, but i would love them all even more with multiplayer.

resident evil 4 (my best wii game so far) No multiplayer
Zelda ocarina of time, i love it, no multiplayer,
Final fantasy series (absolutly love them to bits) no multiplayer.

but they would all be better with a little bit of multiplayer imo

i mean who here has MP3 yet, (iv not but) would you prefer it with multiplayer?

who agrees disagrees, all opinons welcme

I don't think that all games should have multi-player because some games are much better as single player, but I think that the option to play with friends or family members is a great addition to games, especially for children's games.
And yes, Zelda should remain as a single player game. :)

I guess I should be one of the first to post since the post was directed at me originally. Prime 2s multiplayer was awful and I think it subtracted from the game as a result.
I love the Mario Kart series but the single player modes can be so hollow because the action is focused on multiplayer. Its fine in a game like that because its about the multiplayer but a game like Zelda is about the single player and if it had a tacked on multiplayer it would detract greatly from the main adventure. Id rather have a Zelda game with great single player and no multiplayer than a Zelda game with great single player and bad multiplayer.

Multiplayer is a good addition to any game. I used to have a 360 before I got my Wii (pressure from my young children and my other half to get a more family friendly console) and a great single mode is good, but great multiplayer sustains the life of the game dramatically. Hate to think how many hours I spent on Gears of War, but I would hazard that I spent 20-30 hours on campgain and then over 300 hours on multiplayer.

I think we need to see voice channels for multiplayer on Wii to truly enjoy online multiplayer.

Some really good points, playing on your own can be a lonely experience which is undoubtedly perked up by the challenge of playing against others. It is definitely the future but as I think has already been mentioned it needs to be in the right game.

Voice channels & Webcams could be interesting. Imagine Wii Fit being used for third person action games.

I think that Multiplayer can't hurt the game. If MP3 had multiplayer it would have a chance to be as popular as Halo. Since it doesn't, it's not going to be. Hopefully if there is another metroid multiplayer will be part of it.

Multi-player expands a game's lifetime A LOT ! For me anyways. As long as its fun I keep playing the game. once I finished singleplayer ( IF I do because most of my games arent finished ) I move on the multi-player. If its any good that can keep me playing for a few months

I don't feel like reading everyone else's post, so I think for a game to be good and have replay value you need multiplayer (online if possible). I probably won't play zelda ever again after I ever get around to beating it.

Depends on the game I think.

FPS can work with either 1 or 2 players but with car games I think 2 player mode is essential.

if it doesn't have multiplayer or online you won't have any reason to play it after you beat it unless it's the kind of game where you are able to replay certain levels rather than the whole game, like the mario games.

All racing games need a proper multiplayer (looking at exite truck here...) and in my opinion, a FPS needs multiplayer to really shine. If red steel didn't have multiplayer, I'd give it a 3 as a score. but with multiplayer, I give it a 7. MP3 isn't a FPS, but an "adventure", and adventures are meant to be single player (such as zelda). Games like Mario, can be both. They're good with or without, although the multiplayer tends to make it better (New super mario bros. has a great multiplayer, as this could be considered an extra for the game. The 2p option in Galaxy won't be that great, I don't think. It'll give the game a few hours more.) Fighting games MUST be multiplayer. third person shooters, can or can't, preferably can. Strategy games? Don't need to be. Flying games are always better with multiplayer, and sports games also must have multiplayer.

My opinion, this is.

well this is a difficult topic to talk about, considering that some games just arent ment to be multiplayer, for instance, how who you play selda multiplayer? and if your gonna say, fight with a friend........if you did, then go out and buy a fighting game like soul calibour or a mortal kombat game, and co-op wouldnt really be a good idea, but i do agree with you that mp3 and re4 should have multiplayer

Yes, the only way I see Zelda as a multiplayer is if its co-op. Which would be pretty sweet in my opinion. I think as someone else may have put, multiplayer prolongs the life of a game.

Back