My DS touch screen is turning yellow

GamerCon

WiiChat Member
May 23, 2007
Does anyone else have this problem? Ill post a pic later, its starting to get pretty bad.

Try cleaning the screen with a slightly damp cloth to see if this solves the problem. If not, then you may need to contact Nintendo and let them know about the problem.

yer i did

so i stopped pissin on it
:aureola: :ciappa: :shocked:

Sounds like the problem i have with my pc monitor, every now and then it turns slightly blue and its really annoying.

Its not dirty. If that happens to your monitor just use the degaussing function.

I found its been happening to a lot of DS's so, its just like the dead pixels on the PSP, nothing can really be done about it.

tell ya wat u cud do

take off the screen
have a look inside

then take of the sheild cover on the back of the DS
to reveal wat should be the RAM type graphics processor
a small chip

NOW TO BE SAFE
make sure it's off then check the wiring
if it's all ok then you may need a replacement chip

EITHER THAT OR THE COLOURS (OR PIXELS) BEING PROCCESED ARE COMING OUT WITH ONLY BLUE AND GREEN AND NO RED E.T.C...
SO THE "COLOURCHIP" IF YOU LIKE, IS ONLY PROCESSING 2/3 PRIMARY COLOURS GIVING YOU THE YELLOW COLOUR OVERLAYING THE SCREEN.

take a look and see wat you think could be wrong som way

:smilewinkgrin:

sounds nasty i would like to see pic as this happend to my psp and i sent it to sony and they sent me a new 1 back

What you said about the rumour was really really random.

THe yellow screen is obviously a defect you cant fix alone, send it to Nintendo to get it fixed before your warranty expires.

I blame :
w560407.gif

Nonethless mine hasn't discoloured.. probably over useage from yourself.

Back