My top 5 of March

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
I post editorials on my myspace, www.myspace.com/abdoctor about video game articles and my opinions on them. I usually update the blogs within 2-3 days given time. Here's another one from my page:

Top 5 games that should be on the Wii virtual console

Now this is my own personal choosing with my gaming experience. If you would like to share your thoughts on your top 5, simply PM it to me or even make a comment toward this.

1. Bubble Bobble

bubble1.jpg

Bubble Bobble is a 2 player game in which players take control of two dinosaurs named Bub and Bob. The concept of the game seems simple enough as both dinosaurs must blow bubbles at their enemies and advance to the next stage, and make an attempt to leave the cave of monsters. The game itself is 100 stages long, with only one boss stage, and in order to see the actual ending, the game must be beat with two players, without the other playing dying and receiving a game over.

Why does the game belong on the virtual console? It's an instant classic, as it has been back in the NES days. The music sounds like it's from a circus, while there's a ton of enemies and secrets to unlock throughout your adventure. The enemies A.I. start advancing as you progress through each stage, and eventually you may find yourself in a tight bubble...no pun intended.

2. Mortal Kombat 3

mkiii3.jpg

Not only will this make one of the GREATEST editions off of the Virtual Console, but I can guarantee you that nothing can ever top off this game as a 500 point downloadable game. (Old school) Mortal Kombat games have always been challenging, with each fighter's fatality a different amount of backsteps and forwards along with high punches and so forth. If this is the case, this would probably be the first M rated downloadable game off the virtual console. Hopefully, Nintendo does release this on the console, and hopefully parents who wish for their children to not play this have the Parental Code on, so M rated titles will not be avaliable for their children to see.

Why is this game awesome? It's Mortal Kombat, sadly there is no Scorpion, but you have Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Sindel, Cyrax, Smoke and Kabal. With the amount of fatalities and even the hilarious babalities, what isn't there to like about this game? Any gamer who enjoys the fighting genre can tell you that without Mortal Kombat we will not see games such as Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Bio F.R.E.A.K.S., and many other cool fighting games. Not to mention, Sub-Zero turns into a polar bear and rips the person's head off!

3. Yoshi Story

yoshistory.jpg

This was probably one of the best Nintendo 64 games I've played. Not only is Mario ever mentioned in the game, but this is just a game based off many colorful Yoshi's and their fun filled tacky adventures. The game itself takes place in a storybook, as if a narrarator is reading it to you. The music is inspiring, yet loops around. Your goal during each level is to collect enough fruit to be "happy", as well as finding other secrets in the game (such as the Black and White Yoshi's, and secret levels.). From the start off, you have the option of choosing the original Green Yoshi, Yellow, Red, Blue and Pink Yoshi's. Each of them have a distinct favorite fruit, and they all dislike spicy food (with the exception of the Black). Your life icon is a flower, and once all it's petals are removed, and it's wittered away, a shy guy will capture you and take you to the tower as that Yoshi is no longer playable.

Why does this game belong? It's fun for all ages, with many unlockables and a fun filled story while hearing a ton of Yoshis sing. What more can you honestly ask for? And there's no Mario involvement, so that makes this even better than what I've previously stated!

4. Super Smash Bros. 64

SSBEuro-2.jpg

This is probably one of the biggest franchies that the big N has created. Who ever thought of the concept of "Let's just get all of Miyamoto's creations and have them smash each other's face in!" was a pure genius. Not only was this game fun, but it also had unlockables (Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness and Luigi). The game itself was also challenging, as they asked for specific details on how to unlock the certain characters. Although it featured a limited selection of characters, this was the most rented game throughout the year of 1999, and remained in the top charts throughout the N64's gaming life, but the sequel itself has become the number one selling game for the Nintendo Gamecube.

Why does this game belong? This is the original Super Smash Bros. Sure it may not look as pretty, but the fighting mechanism is still there (well not as advanced as the Gamecube version) and it's also fun to see how excited you were to be fighting the Masterhand as you're your favorite Smash Bros. character. This game not only belongs on the virtual console, but with the crave that Brawl has been giving out, Nintendo needs to at least give the fans a game that can barley quench our thirst for it.

5. A Boy and His Blob

Boy_and_His_Blob_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

Now I'm sure this brings some nostalgia memories to the old school gamers, while many people may have the "WTF" expression on their face. This is a classic game that had been on the NES. The storyline isn't that elaborate, as you're just a boy (ironically!) and you exit out of your house to see a blob, as you then start off on a wacky adventure that makes no sense whatsoever! The blob can also turn into many things such as a ladder, umbrella, a rocket, and many other things, depending on what flavor jellybean you give him.

Why does this game belong on the console? It's one of the first side scrolling adventures on the NES, that doesn't give you any information on what to do! It requires on basic gaming instinct, in which only true hardcore gamers have. I have honestly never beaten this game when I was younger, but I'm willing to give it a try now. This is worth the 500 points on the virtual console system, and if these 5 games would ever be on there, Sony and Microsoft will have a run for their point currency (well not really much Sony, as they rely on cash currency.). Tune in next month to see my next top 5 that should be on Wii's virtual console!

Uggh. Sorry to say, but I can't stand to play SSB 64 now that I've played SSB:M.

My top 5 would be:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (My fave SNES game)
Perfect Dark (My fave N64 game)
Yoshi Story
Vigilante 8
Mario Party (The first one, that broke all the controllers, put a hole in your hand... ya know that one)

Edit: Switched MK3 for Vigilante 8... I think its spelled right...

meh, i don't really wanna get SSB for some reason. I loved it, but wouldn't go back to it. But im getting mortal kombat though. One of my all time favorite fighting games. (even though now it sucks).

~Rival

Nice choices. I like Yoshi's Story too, the artstyle maybe got to me a little, but I still had a lot of fun with it.

anybody for Star Fox 64? How about Majora's Mask? Nobody cares about Super Metroid?

Anybody for Star Fox 64? Who wants Majora's Mask? Nobody cares about Super Metroid?

Taills said:
Mario Party (The first one, that broke all the controllers, put a hole in your hand... ya know that one)

I've still got red marks from rotating that controller stick around with my hand, cause I could never win with my thumb in 1-3.

FWELR said:
anybody for Star Fox 64? How about Majora's Mask? Nobody cares about Super Metroid?

I'd definatly go with Star Fox 64. That would be a great add-on to the list of N 64 games on VC. You probably have never heard of this game, but it's called Automobili Lamborghini for N 64. It's a great game. :D

Taills said:
Wow man, you have no idea how many great (and blistering if you get what i'm sayin') memories you just brought back....MP1....the best MP ever made. I remember the river raft game where have to stay away from the edges or the tribal guys spear you....I would always yell out, "Those are my coins, dangit!" or pause it for like 5 min just to get a rest....I miss those days.

I also agree with no SSB 64 on the VC; after playing SSBM, there's no comparison. Yoshi's Story would be cool to see, but MP1.....:lol:

And I second StarFox 64!

Last edited:
FR. said:
You probably have never heard of this game, but it's called Automobili Lamborghini for N 64. It's a great game. :D

Is it really called Automobili or did you just spell that wrong?

FR. said:
No, that's the actual name of the game. Google it. :)

dude, that looks like an awesome game! kind of like one of those racers you see in arcades, but if you lose, you don't have to insert another 50 cents. probably never gets released, though.

I just saw somewhere that StarFox 64 is commin out on VC... and for some moronic reason, I didn't write the link down... I'll see if I can find it. Not sure how reliable it is of course.

I remember the river raft game where have to stay away from the edges or the tribal guys spear you....I would always yell out, "Those are my coins, dangit!" or pause it for like 5 min just to get a rest....I miss those days.

Heh, the one that did in all my N64 controllers was the fishing one. Man it was fun as heck, and in my oponion the best MP ever :D

Edit: Found it. Again, don't know how reliable it is, but it's IGN... so....
But its a list of all the VC's. In the search type Star Fox and it comes up. :)

http://search.ign.com/products?qtyp...rt=date&so=exact&ns=true&genNav=true&x=38&y=6

Last edited:
Kamikaze said:
I post editorials on my myspace, www.myspace.com/abdoctor about video game articles and my opinions on them. I usually update the blogs within 2-3 days given time. Here's another one from my page:

Top 5 games that should be on the Wii virtual console

Now this is my own personal choosing with my gaming experience. If you would like to share your thoughts on your top 5, simply PM it to me or even make a comment toward this.

I *love* your opinion and agree 100%. Those were ALL favorite games of mine. I played Bubble Bobble with my brother for HOURS and HOURS, and it was the only 2 player game i've ever played with my mom. :cornut:

FWELR said:
Its suppose to be the nest N64 game we see on the VC but who knows how long until we see it since the UK did not see it on Friday I dont think the US will be seeing it either.

Back