MY Wii Zapper review.

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
So I got the Wii Zapper + Link's Crossbow Training for wii (and Mario Galaxy) for an early Christmas (My older sister came in for the holidays. So we opened all but one present. It's a laptop, but my parents don't know that I know what it is. Teehee~).

Well, first I had trouble figuring out how to put the blasted 'mote and 'chuck in the blasted peice of plastic. I then had to suck in my manhood and... Read the directions.

So I fired up Link's Crossbow Challenge.

And played the first level.
Imediately, I sucked. The zapper cursor was hard to control. It moved so fast, and the thing felt so awkward to use, since I'm used to being able to freely move the wiimote. Now I know why people said it was bad.

But I didn't give up on it.

I lowered the sensitivity on the thing so it'd go slower. And tried again.

But the controls still felt... Clunky and unatural.
But I played it some more and experiemented on how to hold it. Found a sweet spot.

I began to like it. And then proceeded not to suck. I wasn't great.... But I didn't suck.

So after thinking I was hot stuff, I turned the game off. Then played some Mario Galaxy. Nice little game.

Then I said, "K. Let's put it to some use."
So I fired up MOH.

Looked at the control differences in the tutorial. Not much difference.

So I jumped into a wifi game.

And man, was it DIFFERENT.
Turning was clunky. Aiming was clunky. Changing weapons was the worse.

But I played some more.

Got used to it.

Even had some fun. When I'd zoom in with a weapon, I'd even hold it up to my face. Harhar.

So, I say it's worth the 25 bucks.

The only thing is, it's still a little awkward to reach atop the thing and press the left and right button to change weapons (usually to grenade and back).

Amongst the sea of negative reviews, I give it a green light.
Just like Blazing Angels.

This is a relief. My 10 year old daughter is getting it for Christmas, and my girlfriend and I have been really anxious to use it. It's nice to hear an optimistic review.

I agree with your thoughts. But i have to say that the Zapper works better on Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles than the Wiimote, it takes time to get used to but after a while you should find it funner and your more into the game since your using guns ingame and the Zapper is a gun out of the game.

Also, the Zapper is great for MOHH2 arcade mode, as well as Ghost Squad. I'm using it for regular MOHH2 mission mode as well, and it's fine. (I have large hands, and can easily reach up top to the + pad with my thumb.I also adjusted the sensitivity and dead spot in MOHH2, so it's pretty responsive.) Haven't received RE:UC in the mail yet, but I'm sure it will be fine with the Zapper.

I don't mind it, I guess to get the full experience of it I have to stick with it. The review helps a bit in giving me hope to keep trying it.

Back