Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

WiiRokHard said:
Thanks! But do you think there's anyway to strengthen my connection?
  1. Move the Wii closer to the router
  2. Move the router closer to the Wii
  3. Reduce the number of barriers between the Wii and the router (if the Wii is in a cabinet, take it out)
  4. Get a router with a stronger transmit power and decibel gain
  5. Get an external antenna for your router (if it has a connector for one)

Nice thread, it will definately help a lot of people.
If I need any help I'll come to you first. ^^

pleas help me mate.. i have been struggling to update my wii for the last 6 hours i have finally gotten it online i can se new and weather forecasts all that stuff but i cant update my wii i am currently using version 3.1e when i go to update it does about 3cm on the updating bar thing then stop for about 5-10 minutes and tells me error code 32002... please i would greatly appreciate it if u could help me with my problem:)

0xPezZyx0 said:
pleas help me mate.. i have been struggling to update my wii for the last 6 hours i have finally gotten it online i can se new and weather forecasts all that stuff but i cant update my wii i am currently using version 3.1e when i go to update it does about 3cm on the updating bar thing then stop for about 5-10 minutes and tells me error code 32002... please i would greatly appreciate it if u could help me with my problem:)

It's because your router's channel. Open up your router's configuration utility by inserting the software CD. Then change it's channel to 1 or 11.

If it's not that, it's because Nintendo has problems with their servers. But definitely check your router's channel.

thank you so much mate.. ill have a look at that now i really appreciate it this has been driving me crazy i just wanna see what the online craze is about so ty

0xPezZyx0 said:
You can find the answer for your problem here.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...em=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=25&action2.y=25
Next time you get an error code, you can go to Nintendo Support online and then type in your error code and they can give you a solution.

thank you

thank u so much hammer bro im online and thankin u so much omg ur a bloody legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanxxx alot wooooohoooooooo u made my day yeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhh

anybody else need help so I can help you?

0xPezZyx0 said:
thank u so much hammer bro im online and thankin u so much omg ur a bloody legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanxxx alot wooooohoooooooo u made my day yeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhh
I never knew I made someone that happy. Well congrats. Have fun!

Ok, I've been having some trouble getting my Wii online.

When I go through the network setup, everything works fine, and the test connection goes through and lets me update my Wii. When I try to go to the shop or WiiConnect 24, it says I must verify the user agreements. When I go to do that, it tries to connect, but then gives me:

"Unable to connect to the Internet.
Error Code: 220602"

I've tried putting it in on Nintendo's troubleshooting thing, and did everything it told me to, manually did the network settings, and still the same thing. I just can't figure out why the test connection works, but the user agreement part (the part that really matters... lol) doesn't.

I know I have some kind of Linksys wireless router, and that my router and cable modem are separate. I'll get back to you on what kind of router it is tomorrow... right now it's late. :p
Edit: Just looked it up through my router settings page on my computer, and the router name is WRT54G.

Oh yeah, and when I tried to manually enter all of the network settings, I was on my laptop at the time looking up a fix for my problem. I apparently put in the same IP address as my laptop uses, because a balloon popped up and said something like "There is a conflict with another device on the IP", and my internet wouldn't work. When I cleared the wireless settings on the Wii, it worked.

And I have an Xbox 360 with a network adapter hooked up to it right next to my Wii, and I can connect to Xbox Live and play fine, and (obviously) my internet works... :p

Thank you for the help!

Last edited:
I had the exact same prob. and the exact same router. I also had trouble with wiiconnect 24. I started using the lan adapter and it started working. You should also try it.

Is this the Lan adapter you were talking about? If it is, can you plug it into the computer? My wii is pretty much on the other side of the house as my router and modem, but my laptop is in the same room.

Thanks again.

yes.but you plug that into your router. But you will need an ethernet cable.

Back