Neo Geo Virtual Console Due "Mid-Summer"

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
[xFLOAT=left]http://www.wiichat.com/news-images/mai.jpg[/xFLOAT]Speaking to IGN, SNK Playmore Boss Ben Herman has confirmed that the Neo Geo Virtual Console will be making it's way to the Wii sometime around 'mid-summer' of this year.

With the games expected to be available for all regions at once says the Playmore boss.

Herman says the games will likely cost slightly more than Super Nintendo titles, which currently go for 800 Wii points. Nintendo 64 titles cost 1000.

He wasn't able to confirm any upcoming titles for the Virtual Console but did comment that he would like to see Metal Slug and King of Fighters in the first batch of games.

Full interview: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/781/781316p1.html

Excellent news! Hopefully the popularity of the Wii and the Virtual Console continues to convince retro hardware companies to hop on board.

Xanthous said:
Excellent news! Hopefully the popularity of the Wii and the Virtual Console continues to convince retro hardware companies to hop on board.

It's really minimal effort on their part and I'm sure they'll get royalties of some sort.

I got one name for ya

Garou mark of wolfs

I already got Metal Slug Anthology so that will actually be a good deal considering oh crap it's the exact same price oh well I'm saving Memory space which is not too huge

king of monsters, 8 man ummm some other games (cant remember but there are a few good ones) i used to play in the arcade in their days are cool

King Of Monsters was sweet.
I loved the Neo Geo. It was so badass. I wonder what controller they'll use whether it be the GC Classic or actual Wii Mote controllers.

Most neogeo games need four face buttons

Wind jammers online will rule

May as well get my NEO-GEO aes out the loft and give it a blast
(THE GREATEST CONSOLE EVER MADE) FACT:
Proud owner of Wii , 10 games , 4 remotes + 4 nunchucks
and the proud owner of 1 NEO-GEO aes , 3 sticks ,1 memory card , MVS converter and 24 games......:D
I feel EVIL:prrr:

You're right, Rival. The Neo Geo was pricy as hell. It was like a super-computer compared to SNES and Genesis. It was for the hardcore only. I remember the name Neo Geo being more associated with arcade machines. The Neo Geo machines would always let you pick between a few games instead of just one. Inside them was basically a Neo Geo system. No one I know ever actually had one. This news of it being on VC is so awesome.

Back