New DS

koppaking

WiiChat Member
Oct 2, 2007
Just picked up a black ds this weekend, traded in my playstation 2 and a bunch of games and walked out with a ds in hand. have to admit i love it so far, the only game i picked up was the new zelda. was wondering if anyone can suggest any other games to get, like whats the necessary games to have,

yeah my ps2 was just a paperweight, i never play it anymore since i bought my xbox 360

Congrats on your DS. Tons of great games, here's some of my favorites with a 1-10 rating next to them.

Final Fantasy 3 (9)
Hotel Dusk (8)
Mario Kart DS (10)
Mario 64 DS (9)
Nanostray (9.5)
New Super mario bros (9)
phoenix wright series (9.5)
Worms open warfare series (9)
Tiger woods 08 if you like the woods series, it's online. (8)

sirgrim said:
Congrats on your DS. Tons of great games, here's some of my favorites with a 1-10 rating next to them.

Final Fantasy 3 (9)
Hotel Dusk (8)
Mario Kart DS (10)
Mario 64 DS (9)
Nanostray (9.5)
New Super mario bros (9)
phoenix wright series (9.5)
Worms open warfare series (9)
Tiger woods 08 if you like the woods series, it's online. (8)

thank you your advice is appreciated. unfortunately ill have to wait till next payday to get some new games.

Elite Beat Agents - A blast to play, great music game to play.

Advance Wars DS - One of the best strategy games out there.

Metroid Prime Hunters - Probably the best FPS there is on the DS.

Worms: Open Warfare 2 - If you love worms, you'll love this game. A big improvement over the games previously released on the PC.

Castlevania - Great controls and easy to pick up and play. Brings a good challenge as well.

Phoenix Wright - Something out of the ordinary and something that's actually really fun to play

Jump Superstars/Bleach - Jump Superstars must be imported, but it's a blast to play and I recently picked up Bleach and I'm enjoying it, one of the best fighters on the DS.

New Super Mario Bros. - If you're a fan of mario, this is a must-get-game. New features, more gameplay, levels, and graphics really make this game a classic on the DS.

Others:
WarioWare: Touched
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Mario Kart DS
Yoshi's Island 2
Picross
Puzzle Quest
Lunar Knights
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Animal Crossing: Wild World

List goes on and on...=P

Last edited:
Marioman said:
What's a R4?

R4 is a DS cartridge that uses a Micro SD. It can import music, games, videos, photos, and other little tid-bits. It's a great device to have, and it's actually decently cheap, ranging from $30-$45 each.

Marioman said:
Wait so you use computer games? I still don't get it

no not computer games, but apps like listening to music, playing roms such as NES, SNES, etc.. There are different types of those cartridges like the M3, R4 but all in all they are illegal but thats up to you to decide if you want one. GL and enjoy your DS. =)

cooking mama
brain age 2
big brain academy
heroes of mana
final fantasy III
jam sessions
picross ds
puzzle quest
taiko drum ds
bleach: the blade of fate
and many more!!

Darkonix said:
no not computer games, but apps like listening to music, playing roms such as NES, SNES, etc.. There are different types of those cartridges like the M3, R4 but all in all they are illegal but thats up to you to decide if you want one. GL and enjoy your DS. =)
Oh...illegal....that be why I don't have one....

Back