New Games for the week of Nov. 25

I have Puzzle Quest for DS, and it's well worth the money IMO. Just as entertaining as Geometry wars, but in a different way of course. If you're curious, I'd download the demo from the link Zackh321 provided.

It's basically like the gem games on PC, where you have to line up a row of three, same coloured gems. When you line the gems up, you get one of four types of mana depending on what colour the row was. You can line up four of a kind to get a free turn, or five of a kind to get a free turn and a wildcard gem. As you gain mana from lining gems up, you can then use it to unleash attacks on your opponent in the form of magical attacks. There are more than just damage spells of course. You can get heal spells, spells that give you multiple turns in a row, DoT spells, spells that turn a certain colour of gem to another colour, etc.

There are also three other "non-gem" gems types. Skulls can be used to directly damage your opponent, coins can be lined up to gain gold, and XP gems can be lined up to receive bonus xp. All of the same conventions apply to these as well, line up four, and get a free turn, etc.

Once you've defeated your opponent, you will gain XP, and gold from the victory. Sometimes the opponent you are fighting will be for a quest. Just like in other RPG games, you will sometimes get an item reward for defeating an opponent and returning back to your quest giver with the news. There is also a store in which you can use the gold you have gained to buy new equipment for your four allowable item slots.

This is really just a bit of the game, you can gain mounts which can allow additional spells, you can catch the monsters you're fighting in order to gain spells from them, and you can also gain allies which can you help you in battles. I'd keep going, but I don't feel like writing two or three pages on this game, because I easily could...

Wow, that turned out longer than I intended :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Remember, download the PC demo!

Back