NEW Premium WII False rumour???

Buy now, if it was coming late 2007 there would probably have been an official annoucement by now.

strongly doubt they would release another wii. they dont need to. why go to the trouble of making a new wii, when this one is doing so well?

Thats what i thought. Ok then, I'll buy my wii soon. If I can find one :smilewinkgrin:

Just buy one now, you won't regret it. I don't that there will be a new Wii anytime soon, but I suppose that I could be wrong.

The only change to the Wii that will happen this year is the new D2C chipset.

Homebrew software to play DVD on the Wii is already being tested and will most likely be released this weekend - no update is needed to the hardware.

The only change I could see eventually coming is support for more than fricken stereo audio:sick:

ciper said:
The only change to the Wii that will happen this year is the new D2C chipset.

Homebrew software to play DVD on the Wii is already being tested and will most likely be released this weekend - no update is needed to the hardware.

The only change I could see eventually coming is support for more than fricken stereo audio:sick:

Well it does support surround sound, just not digital 5.1.

I do not consider DPL as surround. Separation of mono from left and right with a limited frequency mono rear? Even quadrophonic was better.

Or is it DPLII? Still not much better

On a random note, it was possible to have digital sound from genesis games back in 93! The Wii just disappoints me in the sound area.

Last edited:
ciper said:
I do not consider DPL as surround. Separation of mono from left and right with a limited frequency mono rear? Even quadrophonic was better.

Or is it DPLII? Still not much better

On a random note, it was possible to have digital sound from genesis games back in 93! The Wii just disappoints me in the sound area.

I don't know I am one of the least Audiophilic people you will find. I just know in the wii's settings you can choose between mono, stereo, and surround.

Its processed surround though. The single sent out from the Wii is still stereo. If its Pro Logic II I can explain the steering to channels. Think of this as a table with two columns separated by the dash.

Audio out from wii - play on speaker

Sound is only on the right - right speaker

Sound only on the left - left speaker

Sound is on both left and right and exactly in phase (mono) - play in front center

Sound is on both left and right but opposite phase - play in rear speakers

Sound is on both left and right with opposite phase and the right is slightly louder - play in rear right

So it pretends to be surround but its not very good quality and depends heavily on your receiver being setup properly. It is also sent as an analog signal that is later amplified. Compared to a device with digital out this is a crappy solution. Even the Gamecube was capable of better audio :(

Back