Wii_BrEnDo2007

Gran Turismo
Jan 3, 2007
Ecosse
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Sony lifted the lid on various rumours to do with the psp2 today:

Sony Plays Down Latest PSP 2 Rumours
It's just "rumour and speculation" people, so don't get excited.
by Rob Burman, IGN UK
UK, June 13, 2007 - Over the past few weeks there's been a lot of speculation that Sony is due to announce an updated version of the PlayStation Portable - with some saying it will have internal memory and a better screen - but Sony has played down the claims as just "rumours/speculation".

John Koller, senior market manager for PSP, said he wanted to "clear the air" about the recent rumours. Speaking on the official PlayStation blog he said: "I'm thrilled to hear that there's so much interest in the platform, but sorry folks, these reports floating around fall into the rumours/speculation category."

Koller also tackled claims that mobile maker Ericsson was working on a phone version of the PSP. "We haven't announced anything about a new PSP, much less one that would have phone capabilities," he explained.

PSP 2 rumours have been around for quite some time now and even Sony UK boss Ray Maguire admitted earlier this year that Sony was looking at making a smaller and lighter version of the PSP. So, it looks like we'll just have to wait until E3 to see if Sony has anything up its sleeve for sure.

Honestly it wouldn't matter the DS is just to huge a competitor the PSP already had it's run IMHO it's clear that the better choice for most everyone is the DS

WiiZero said:
Honestly it wouldn't matter the DS is just to huge a competitor the PSP already had it's run IMHO it's clear that the better choice for most everyone is the DS
yes i agree, i mean just look at the DS sales in japan, they outsell everything! its like a standard accessory over there!

I'll bet there are more DS's sold in Japan than there were seizures when Pokémon aired... well no that's about as ridiculous as the prediction that DOOM would be installed on more computers than Windows '98

I think they are both boring. If I were to choose it would be the psp, but both dont really appeal to me.

Agreed handhelds are just like buying a current-gen system it has all the games but the consoles will always have a better version (not that current-gen consoles don't have games that are better than the ones out today)

the reason the psp is different from your average console is that its more of a personal computer, in that its full of applications and uses. It has the largest user community that mods and creates stuff for it. My psp has replaced the need to buy books to read, as I just read stuff off of it. The ds sells more because its a kid safe system with a history of being a popular gift for children. Its cheaper, and the nintendo name has been on the market for a longer period of time concerning hand helds.

Shiftfallout said:
the reason the psp is different from your average console is that its more of a personal computer, in that its full of applications and uses. It has the largest user community that mods and creates stuff for it. My psp has replaced the need to buy books to read, as I just read stuff off of it. The ds sells more because its a kid safe system with a history of being a popular gift for children. Its cheaper, and the nintendo name has been on the market for a longer period of time concerning hand helds.
also when comparing game librarys the PSP doesnt even come close to the DS, to add to your post my phone does everything i want and just wanted a gaming system, this also applies with why i bought the wii, i wantned to play games, not watch dvds, i think these days developers have seriously lost sight of the reasons behind a gaming console, they constantly try to cram a whole bunch of extras in which cause overpriceing, complexity and in some cases reduced preformance, console developers should keep in mind that most (almost everyone) has a PC or Mac

Almo said:
also when comparing game librarys the PSP doesnt even come close to the DS, to add to your post my phone does everything i want and just wanted a gaming system, this also applies with why i bought the wii, i wantned to play games, not watch dvds, i think these days developers have seriously lost sight of the reasons behind a gaming console, they constantly try to cram a whole bunch of extras in which cause overpriceing, complexity and in some cases reduced preformance, console developers should keep in mind that most (almost everyone) has a PC or Mac

not true. PsP plays Ps1 games and can emulate games from pretty much any old console. So NES, SNES, Sega, Atari, GB, GBA, NeO GEo, N64...ect I would say you have quite a large game selection, more so than the DS.

Also, Your phone doesnt do everything the PSP does. Sorry, but I dont think you understand how the PsP opperates as a completely open system. I also would like to see how long that phone battery of yours lasts with its lcd running the whole time.

You are entitled to your opinion about developers losing sight because of "multi-media", but I have to say you are wrong. It shows you perhaps do not understand how things really are. Just because you think everyone has a computer, does not mean technology should not be efficient at doing multipul tasks and having multipul purposes. If you havent realized it yet, all simple machines are turning into computers in their own right, even childrens toys.

A swiss army knife is often compared to one of those things you cant live without, the same concept is applied to many electronic products. Multipule uses either seperately or combined to make it a necessity, efficient and fun. This has become apparent in the japanese phone culture and slowly effecting western phones as well. This has spread to other devices such as gaming consoles.

Anyways, I may not be very articulate about all this, but I feel that you might not have a good grasp on the intricate evolution of techology used in products and how they play a part in popular culture.

Well the DS has a online cart you can buy now. They also have something to let you turn it into a MP3 player. What people fail to realize is Nintendo is doing it to, people are just more blind to it. They ported super mario 64 to the DS, as well as some other ones.

PSP can play music and movies and internet, people dont need or want that so they pay more to get their DS able to. That doesnt make sense. It could just be me though.

well all you need for your ds is r4 and whehey i have some brand new chizle

oh yeah its my b-day

Back