New to Wii *HELP!*

$tephenGiles

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hi all,

Ive only had my Wii for 2 days and ive got some questions i need to ask.

1. I have managed to successfully connect my Wii via wireless and am now wondering if it costs any money to visit Wii Shop, New, and forecast channels???

2. I understand that the Wii come with 512mb memory. So im playing Wii Sports and i want to save all my high scores on bowling and level that im on in the boxing etc. Can i do this by saving to the system? if so how. Or do you have to have a SD card to save? (if you do need to have a sd card then what is the system memory best used for?)

3. Where can i find out how many points the games are on Wii Shop?

4. Does the Wii play Game Cube games via the disk?

5. How much memory does the download games take on average?

6. Can you save downloaded games to the SD card?

Sorry if they've been answered but i could find them when i searched.
If you could reply using the Number of question then i would be very very grateful.

Thanks in advance
Stephen

1. The shop channel only cost money to buy the games, but you can browse for free. Forecast and News channels are free.

2. It will save to the system memory automatically(after you have been prompted to create a save profile). 512mb is enough space for quite a few saved games and Virtual Console downloads.

3. Just browse the shop, it will tell you how many points the game costs in the listing.

4. Yes, just insert the GC game into the slot.

5. Greatly Varies I would imagine (NES games would take up alot less space than a N64 game).

6. Yes, I believe you can. You can also re-download them at no charge.

Also about the GC games - it doesn't matter where you place the games into the drive - it will automatically place it in the right place (I guess centre but I don't want to open my wii to find out.)

Shaded Spriter said:
Also about the GC games - it doesn't matter where you place the games into the drive - it will automatically place it in the right place (I guess centre but I don't want to open my wii to find out.)

that's something new i've learned. thanks!:yesnod:

Back