Help please with memory card and downloads

smokefromtheO

WiiChat Member
Jun 11, 2007
Hi, I just recently got a 4 gig SD memory card. The brand is Trancend. I downloaded a game from online but it didnt alow me to save it to my memory card. The download went straight to my console and when I try to copy it to my SD it wont let me do it. My question is, how can I download the games to my SD card? The Wii console reads my memroy card by the way. When you download a game do it allow you to choose where do you want to save the game in? Thank you.

You arent able to save the VC games themselves to an SD card.

If Nintendo allowed that everyone would just trade games with their friends and Nintendo would eventually stop making money because nobody would spend money to download the games when they could swap SD cards with a friend and transfer it from them.

So you can only save game data to SD cards, not whole VC games.

Oh damn, then I didnt need the whole 4 gigs then. Man. I thought I can download the VC games to the memory cards. Thanks for clearing it up. I wonder what happens if our consoles runs out of memory and they have more games to download.

As far as I know the only thing the SD slot is used for is some games allow you to listen to your own MP3's while playing.

I dont know, I have not done anything with it. The Wii do recognize it tho.

you can do that but will only play on your wii so unless you are out of room on your wii's hard drive there is not point too it.

Again I say Nintendo screws us. On other forums I have seen people who have many VC games and the Wii is running out of room with no solution. I'm angry that the 2gb card I purchased is essentially useless (before I knew better).

They're are still useful, I have SD Card slots on my PC and the game 'Excite Trucks' allows you to listen to MP3's off an SD card while in-game

Not is all lost

Every day I dream of the 2.3 firmware update which allows game save states an VC titles to be saved to the SD card directly.
I really hope Nintendo doesn't expect us to use the rumored hard drive addon for this.

So did you delete the game from your Wii after you downloaded it and tried playing it again after inserting the SD card?

sherwood3570 said:
So did you delete the game from your Wii after you downloaded it and tried playing it again after inserting the SD card?
Exactly. The channel will disappear. This makes the SD card even more useless considering you can download any VC game you purchased infinite times.

Back