Help please with memory card and downloads

No way, no how. Tell me how you did it and I'd be glad to try it out. How would you do it? There is nothing in Data Managment that allows you to do this. I don't mean to give you a cold shoulder...but until I see some directions, I can't believe it.

BTW Ciper, what is that pic of next to your location? lol
-Tom

ok i will do it on my wii and then write it out step for step.

i am sorry i was mistaken if there was a way to take of Rep i would because i said this works and it totally doesn't i don't know why i thought it did i mean i have copied my games to my sd card before i know i have done that. so my bad i am sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Lol sorry. I have no idea what that meant. But it only shows a pick of a little black...umm, castle I want to say. Or a data disk.

@Sherwood3570

It is really easy....... step by step instructions for those of you who are still unable to copy VC games to your SD card.
1. From the main menu, click on the Wii button (bottom right)
2. A screen appears with two boxes - Data management and Wii settings. Pick Data Management
3. A new screen appears. Two more boxes. Save Data and Channels. Pick Channels
4. A tabbed screen appears.... the tabs are Wii or SD card. USE THIS PLACE TO COPY YOUR VC TITLES TO YOUR SD CARD AND DELETE THEM FROM YOUR SYSTEM MEMORY. You can also copy them from an SD card to the system memory here too.

Easy.

CaptainFF: Tell me what that accomplishes? Why would anyone want to do it if you can't play them from the card, they can't be copied to other systems and any purchased games can be downloaded infinite times?

Yeah. I know that you can do that. You can't actually save the entire VC to the SD card.

I suppose I pretty much said what ciper just said. lol

ciper said:
CaptainFF: Tell me what that accomplishes? Why would anyone want to do it if you can't play them from the card, they can't be copied to other systems and any purchased games can be downloaded infinite times?

I know a couple of Wii owners who don't have their own wireless broadband. They take their Wii on an irregular basis to friends houses to download VC games. By transferring older titles to SD they have built a library of games that they can access when at home without having to return to their friend's house every time they want to restore a game previously deleted from the system memory. For them their SD cards are an essential part of their gaming setup.

So in other words they have to manually add the games back to the system memory every time because they are running out of room? Say thanks to Nintendo for screwing us :)
Your friend might be the only person doing that

i will be doing that eventually i have 22 VC games and 500 blocks left and i plan on buying alot more so yeah.

ciper said:
So in other words they have to manually add the games back to the system memory every time because they are running out of room? Say thanks to Nintendo for screwing us :)
Your friend might be the only person doing that

Without wishing to argue....... there are a few features on the Wii that accommodate people without a permanent broadband connection e.g. the ability to transfer Mii's on the wiimote. Surely we should be acknowledging Nintendo's inclusive ideals, rather than slating them because of a feature that doesn't quite work as we'd like it to?

Oh well.... that's just my opinion. It works for people I know. Others are unhappy with it seeing it as a fault.... hey ho. I'm off to tend to my berries.....

captainff said:
Surely we should be acknowledging Nintendo's inclusive ideals, rather than slating them because of a feature that doesn't quite work as we'd like it to?
The problem is that it doesnt work like any other console (allowing you to save your progress directly to removable media).

Did you know the Gamecube memory cards were SD cards internally? Its possible to wire up an SD card directly to the slots. This makes the Wii setup even more ridiculous. Not only do they only have 1 memory card slot now but you can't use it like a traditional memory card. (A step backwards)

If the SD card worked as I want it would still benefit people without permanent broadband. It would make their life even easier since they don't have to deal with deleting and copying files back and forth.

Back