*New* Wii strap now available

NOT "new"

That strap is not a "new" one. It's just a replacement if your's breaks. It's not like a new design or anything!

If you have one that breaks, Nintendo should be replacing them for free anyways, because if they break that should be considered a 'defect'

no ur mistaken bandaid, if I throw my cd player into the street should it be replaced? no, and i know what u are thinking, throwing a cd player and breaking a strap are different, well actually they aren't because the ones breaking their wrist straps are misusing the remote and strap just like throwing ur cd player is misusing it, it is your own fault if you over exaggerate your swings as most do. and if you act like if u dont swing your sword 98 miles per hour then the ninja asian is going to slit your throat then you are a retard...just like the people who break their straps on red steel and wii sports, honestly, nintendo is being very nice and understanding of this so just be quiet because you have no idea what you are talking about!

steven it would help if u would quote somone so we knew who u were talking to, i don't beleive anyone said anything about physical damage but if you were reffering to my cd analagy then that was the point i was trying to make, if u misuse a product then it's your fault not the companies

Last edited:
scubasteve said:
no ur mistaken bandaid, if I throw my cd player into the street should it be replaced? no, and i know what u are thinking, throwing a cd player and breaking a strap are different, well actually they aren't because the ones breaking their wrist straps are misusing the remote and strap just like throwing ur cd player is misusing it, it is your own fault if you over exaggerate your swings as most do. and if you act like if u dont swing your sword 98 miles per hour then the ninja asian is going to slit your throat then you are a retard...just like the people who break their straps on red steel and wii sports, honestly, nintendo is being very nice and understanding of this so just be quiet because you have no idea what you are talking about!

Really, Wonder how I got free straps when I called it in from Nintendo. Theres a reason why Nintendo has an awesome reputation with their customer service.

xbandaidx said:
If you have one that breaks, Nintendo should be replacing them for free anyways, because if they break that should be considered a 'defect'

If it breaks it means your one of these people that are throwing the Wii Remote to there TV and relying to much on a wrist strap. Hold on to the remote and your strap won't break! :)

Well if you do get a little over excited, or maybe your friends get over excited playing your wii, just take some fishing line and re-enforce your wrist straps. I got worried the other day when my girlfriend spazed out playing tennis. I decided it would be a good idea to make the wrist straps a little stronger. now I'm pretty sure even if the wrist strap does break the wiimote will get caught by the fishing line. ;)

Attachments

• 100_4336.jpg
    100_4336.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I agree, if the strap breaks from normal use, it should be considered defective...The strap is a integral part of the Wii package for a reason: YOU NEED IT TO SAVE DAMAGE TO OTHER PLAYERS AND YOUR TV! I agree, you are probably a little over eager if you break the strap from tossing it, but I would be willing to bet the most if not ALL the reports of broken TV sets so far or from players either NOT using the strap at all or not tightening it and letting it fly off...and concocting the broken strap later to tried to hold Nintendo accountable.
Not saying the straps CAN'T break, of course they can, but you'd really have to seriously stress it.

scubasteve said:

Actually the equivilant would more be like pressing your eject button with an over exaggerating gesture and having the cd eject-out and break an object in your room. A cd player isn't ever meant to be swung, where are the Wii remote is. The Wii is marketed to all ages, people who aren't experienced with any kind of controller is Nintendo's mareting stradegy, yet these same people can't be called idiots when they have a false sense of security that the straps will protect their TVs. Granted they through them harder then the "safety strap" was designed to handle, however nowhere did nintendo include whats "to much" to put on the strap. Most people even thought the strap was a silly idea, yet alone the people who actually put them on and unfortunatly broke their televisions. If you ask me we should all be thankful our TVs didn't break, and vigorously warn players of the dangers.

I know I thought the strap was stupid until I heard of them flying around everywhere. I own a 70" TV. I would be PISSED if someone through the remote and broke it. Its hard not to miss a big screen tv. So I advise everyone who plays of the danger and tell them not to throw at the screen. They do so at their OWN risk.

Back