NEWSFLASH: Wii to have 32GB available for save data

I'd like to point out that the theoretical maximum capacity of SD cards is 128GB however it's unlikely that we will see this sort of SD available for a few years at least.

I really wish that Nintendo put 2 SD card slots into the Wii now...:scared:

like eepiccolo said, will wii support sdhd? if it doesent, this thread is pointless. If non one knows then this thread is a rumer, although it would be nice if it did support sdhd.

I wouldn't buy the 32gb card, it's just too big. I'm just sticking with my 1gb. it's big enough, only 20 bucks ;)

I also hope it will support external hard drives. Got a 200gb backup that i could use for it. Or at least i hope there will be hacks for the Wii.

Hate to get off-topic, but can any Australians tell me a good solid SD card manufacturer ? I'm looking at getting one for the Wii later on, but I don't want to buy a cheap crappy one, and Nintendo's look quite overpriced. I'll probably just end up buying the Nintendo one anyway, but if anyone can recommend one that's unlikely to break easily. Cheers.

On topic, I think this is unlikely. Wouldn't SDHD cost a lot to put into the console, since it's new technology ? It just seems a little too new to be in the Wii.

sandisk is good

and 32 gb is way too much unless you can back up games on the console ;);)

and even if they had those on the market they would be about $2000

Flip said:
Hate to get off-topic, but can any Australians tell me a good solid SD card manufacturer ? I'm looking at getting one for the Wii later on, but I don't want to buy a cheap crappy one, and Nintendo's look quite overpriced. I'll probably just end up buying the Nintendo one anyway, but if anyone can recommend one that's unlikely to break easily. Cheers.

On topic, I think this is unlikely. Wouldn't SDHD cost a lot to put into the console, since it's new technology ? It just seems a little too new to be in the Wii.

I'm not Australian, but Kingston makes great memory cards. Very reliable.

With regards to SDHC, I don't think it would cost a lot (the readers cost about the same as old SD readers), but I think the newness does play a factor. Considering the first readers came out just a couple months ago, the technology is probably too new for Nintendo to bother with. Still, I hope I'm wrong, because there's never anything wrong with more storage.

And when 32GB SD cards finally do come out (I'm guessing Q4 07 to Q1 08), they'll probably be about $300. That's my wild guess.

Wholey crap! Going by those figures... Double the memory 3x the price... A 128GB would cost $45,000 hahahhaha! I think i'll get an 8GB if the Wii supports it. Or maybe a super fast 4GB.

Yeah getting a external HD would not be as good but cheaper.
Also does anyone know if you can save gamecube game saves on the Wii?

Wait a second... If i bought an external usb hdd and plugged it straight into my Wii. Would the Wii recognise it and allow me to use it?

suposively not but i wouldn't put it past the wii not to recognize it as it is suposively running on linux lol

you will probably be able to use it for music etc, but i don't get why they don't let you, they don't make any money off of the sd cards unless you buy a ninty one

Of course 32 GB is expensive now, but there aren't even any 32 GB SD cards, so it's a MOOT POINT.

Now, what I was saying is that I PREDICT that 32 GB SD cards will be out IN ABOUT A YEAR, and will COST ABOUT $300.

Back