Nintendo drops Wii graphics bombshell!!

Wilko21

Wii-kipedia
Sep 17, 2006
Perth, WA
Nintendo has just released the following image that details the true ability of the Wii's graphics processing systems compared to other systems. It is understood that Sony and Microsoft has retaliated saying graphics don't matter and that these the Wii's amazing ability is useless as there is no commercial Television set capable of displaying such graphics.

wiiresolutiongg0.jpg

Looks like i'll be taking me Wii and playing it at the cinema!:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Wilko21 said:
Nintendo has just released the following image that details the true ability of the Wii's graphics processing systems compared to other systems. It is understood that Sony and Microsoft has retaliated saying graphics don't matter and that these the Wii's amazing ability is useless as there is no commercial Television set capable of displaying such graphics.

Looks like i'll be taking me Wii and playing it at the cinema!:smilewinkgrin:
Hmm. Ye. Source?

Not much has been revealed besides this image but here's a section of text from an email that nintendo sent me that has a few details.

We at Nintendo plan to shock the world with our Ultra High Definition Video (UHDV) capable console. The area of this image will be 16x greater in area than Sony's 1080p. To store the data we are using Holographic Versatile Disc technology capable of storing up to 3.9TB of data on a single 12cm disc.

I seriously don't think this email was ment for me. :S The email has Nintendo's stamp of authenticity so it must be real right?

So the wii is capable of outputing ultra large video?
Too bad it cant output the same quality of graphics.
Still, it would be amazing to play in a cinema!

EDIT: Holy CRAP! A bird just went and hit my window! Im gonna go outside and poke it with a stick for a while then do some homework.

From what i can tell the Wii will be capable of playing games at UHD and play movies at UHDV (assuming there is material that size that can be played of course).

Great not every one has hd and now theres a new type

so...............

y would nintendo do this if nobody has this as an ouput source

wouldnt it jus make more sence to be HD

Wilko21 said:
Not much has been revealed besides this image but here's a section of text from an email that nintendo sent me that has a few details.

Email said:
We at Nintendo plan to shock the world with our Ultra High Definition Video (UHDV) capable console. The area of this image will be 16x greater in area than Sony's 1080p. To store the data we are using Holographic Versatile Disc technology capable of storing up to 3.9TB of data on a single 12cm disc.

I seriously don't think this email was ment for me. :S The email has Nintendo's stamp of authenticity so it must be real right?
Could we get a screen pic or something?

Interesting

I'm no expert in regards to technology, but Ultra High Definition is slated to be mainstream around 2025 (I believe). I'm very sceptical of this statement. High definition hasn't made it to mainsteam as of yet . . .

Sorry :)

Back