Nintendo not GREEN!!

beamolite said:
Who really cares?:wtf:
Agreed, who cares if some low-life company decides to hate nintendo, let them and enjoy our Wii's anyways.

the wii actually uses less power than the gamecube. that was one of the stipulations nintendo put on it when they began to design it.

Well, talking about Greenpeace, it's a profit-oriented company, not an organization of resposible citizens.
As a paying supporter, you can't even affect what they will protest against.

But that is just what they themselves tell of their organization, not my oppinion.

Otherwise, I couldn't care less for their "lists of green" or what-the-frak-they-publish.

Who really cares what their ranking is? If they are green great! But who cares, as long as you like your games and system, that is all that matters!

Politics should NOT get in the way of games.

Doubt anyone is going to stay away from a game console because Greenpeace says its not "environmentally friendly".

I have to say, I am pretty impressed by how little power the Wii takes though.

These are the same sorts of morons who are responsible for the Kyoto Accord. They don't consider the whole issue, but just take a random knee-jerk action, and try to look like they care the most.

(Interesting fact, The Kyoto Accord doesn't allow for Carbon Sinks. This is because it was determined that, if you account for carbon sinks, the USA has NEGATIVE carbon emisions, and would not have to cut industrial production of power usage to meet the guidelines.)

Anyway, the primary complaint is that Nintendo used too-hard of a plastic, which meant that Wii-motes that were thrown away, rather than recycled, would decay more slowly. But, of coarse, the point of using hard plastics was to make the items last longer, and reduce waste. I've thrown away Four PS2 controllers because they stopped working. I've never had a nintendo controller die like that. Even when they fall down two flights of concrete stairs, or smacked into running celling fans...

Back