Nintendo Planning to Auto Download Game Demos to Your Wii U

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
[FONT=&amp]
maura-albums-pictures-picture8628-new-super-mario-bros-mii.jpg

Industry Gamers reports today that during a recent Q&A session with investors, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata revealed that Nintendo is considering the concept of automatically downloading new demos to a customer’s Wii U console, or 3DS, once they had received the customer’s initial consent to do so, of course![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“When Nintendo would like to ask users to try a specific new game, we should deliver it to their Nintendo 3DS and possibly Wii U, with their prior consent and recommend that they just try it and, if they like it, they can pay for it,” Iwata told the investors. “In this way, we need to introduce users to unknown products.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Iwata added that while Nintendo believes that customers would most likely be happy to pay around $60 for a “well-established” franchise product”, they might need a little more convincing to try something “innovative but unknown”, hence sending them demos directly to their Wii U.[/FONT]

Source: Industry Gamers

I'm not sure 'bout this.
I'd be happy to open my 3ds and find an unknown but good product ready to be tested.
I just dont want crappy demos :(
But it's nintendo, they promote crappy games :(.

ALL the game companies promote bad games. KINECT.
and i believe that you can change the settings on whether or not you want to receive demos.

So long as they'd only advertise the biggest 3rd party, and their A-team 1st party demos, I'd definitely be interested in using this feature.

Although, in my opinion, it'd be better to simply send a notice every time a big demo shows up, and it gives you the option to accept the download, or reject it. Similar to how the console firmware updates worked on the Wii message board; an alert you can accept or decline, but change your mind at any time.

Regardless, it's definitely a step up in Nintendo's online services. Hopefully they keep a steady flow of innovative and useful applications like this coming.

idk im tired of finding crap games. i think may if they started selling like mw3 (dont kno wht party those r) and many more like prostreet zelda ect. i might think about shopping or even use the automatic downloads tell then count me out. so tired of crappy games.

idk im tired of finding crap games. i think may if they started selling like mw3

^ Contradiction.

so tired of crappy games.

That's the purpose of this feature. They ain't going to be advertising shitty 3rd party games with this, quite obviously. Why in god's name would they? Ninty isn't about to hurt their reputation by recommending the next hello kitty game.

I would like to see this happen personally, if they decide to give decent demos. These games shouldn't be the demo to Sonic '06 LOL. I know that wasn't for the Wii, but you should know the reputation of that game.
I would like to see some good games yes and have this feature able to be disabled.

Back