Nintendo Power-New RPG to be revealed on Next Cover

could it be a ps2-wii import. Maybe KH2 hopefully but you know the kingdom hearts team is very busy at the moment. Working on 358/2 Days, Birth By Sleep, Coded and the new Final Fantasy game

Whose hoping for a new Chrono game? That would be one of the sweetest RPG anouncements that could come to the Wii. I'm not to hopeful for any type of FF coming to Wii anytime soon, so I'll ignore that one. Well for a sequel for a game I would love to see one of the following:

-Chrono Trigger 2
-Suikoden
-Mario RPG 2

I'm sure there are many more, but it could just as easily be a new IP too.

My biggest hope is for Square RPG.

I do think Mario RPG 2 would be possible if Geno makes it to brawl
and also Square and Nintendo's friendship is at it's highest
Kingdom Hearts 3 on the wii would be possible if Sora makes it on brawl.

Well in the last issue, February is has some stuff on the back page about this, nothing too revealing of course:

An Epic Unfolds

Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role playing fans, get ready for a big one.

Can't wait for the March issue, should have some good reviews in there as well.

NVM :lol:, I forgot nic7 already posted this on the first page.
I thought I was posting new info..oh well.

i highly doubt they'll be releasing a mario rpg shortly after mario galaxy. my best bet would be a new kingdom hearts or sonic rpg.

I really hope it's kingdom hearts on wii but i just read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_358/2_Days
It says in development

development team wants to have gameplay similar to previous Kingdom Hearts titles, but have stated that the number of buttons on the Nintendo DS is a problem.[7][13] Some of the DS's functionality, like the stylus, is not being used in order to retain the similar gameplay from previous titles

I don't think they'd choose the wii for Kingdom Hearts 3 because it said "the stylus, is not being used in order to retain the similar gameplay from previous titles" That would be the same with the wii remote. ):
But they could do the controls like Brawl

Last edited:
Runescape for teh wiiz?

I can't wait to hear more on this. Only about 10 more days to go. :)

Perhaps it is the new Square-Enix game. It is very popular and awaited here in Japan. I don't know if there is an english title but it is called 小さな王様と約束の国. If I translate it means Small King and Country of Promise. It is coming out in Japan in March I believe.

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/littleking_ffcc/080118/index.php
Here is some information on it although it is in Japanese. Any English information? I'm sure a wikipedia article exists lol.

thebazel said:
Perhaps it is the new Square-Enix game. It is very popular and awaited here in Japan. I don't know if there is an english title but it is called 小さな王様と約束の国. If I translate it means Small King and Country of Promise. It is coming out in Japan in March I believe.

Here is some information on it although it is in Japanese. Any English information? I'm sure a wikipedia article exists lol.
You live in Japan?! I'm so jealous. And the game looks great, the screenshots make it look like Oblivion, but in a cartoon form. Are there any specific details you can tell us that make this game so hyped in your country?

...And why haven't we heard of it here, in America? o_o Especially since it's Square Enix, that's pretty huge.

thebazel said:

Hmm...those screenshots appear to be very similar to the ones of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. They showed them in the last issue of Nintendo Power that had No More Heroes on the cover. But the very first piece of art looks different. It could be a new game.

Anyway, I hope this new RPG is a heavy-hitter. I consider Monster Hunter 3 to be the biggest score for the Wii yet. Hopefully the rumors of a Secret of Mana MMO for Wii are true!

Back