Nintendo ripping themselves off?

Global War

Brawl is off the wall
Feb 24, 2008
YAY AREA
Wii Online Code
3303-4951-8144-5736
OK i was just thinking about how my friends play some oldschool games and the pay $20-$30 to get an old n64 cartridge. Then we are able to go on VC with our wii's and buy a game for 10 bucks, and some for even less. So with no offense, my question is, is nintendo ripping themselves off?

I realize that the games are so costly because they are rare and they can be cheap because nintendo obviously has every game ever made for their consoles and they can be reproduced virtually over and over and over again at no cost to them. So why dont they make us pay maybe 15 bucks. Don't get me wrong im glad pretty much all the games are 10 bucks or less.:shocked:

Check out some of the prices of these same games on ebay and you may be surprised that they can be gotten cheaper than you may think, the NES games in particular.

Last edited:
no.
simple, complete, answer, is no.
all they have to do is make a game compatible with the wii (they dont touch the coding at all) then leave it for download. this takes extremely small amounts of money compared to the profit they make off of it.

Because they are no longer selling the cartiridges and now it is people and stores who own the cartridges.

Stores buy the things off nintendo, we buy off the store.

not really..

if u think about it... they already sold those cartridges to those retailers and most likely nintendo doesn't make cartridges anymore thus they sold all they have.

Most likely those cartridges are used and sold by people who already bought it.

As a matter of fact they are getting more money by reselling old games.

Think about it. Do you think Nintendo get any money from you buying old NES or N64 cartridges from 2nd hand shops?

No. They already received the money years ago.

The VC is the opposite of ripping themselves off.

And if they price them too high, fewer people will buy them and they could end up making less money overall.

You realize that you're really the first person to say this, right?

Everyone else here says "GAYMZ COST 2 MUCH."

Me, I'd go get the rom.
And a 20$ usb controller.

Epic win.

They've created an absolutely new market for themselves, people who already have the original games are re-buying them on the virtual console.

Keep in mind that the older games such as ones for N64, Sega, etc aren't actually being profited off of anyways by anyone except for the retailer (old or used stock).

Trulen said:
You realize that you're really the first person to say this, right?

Everyone else here says "GAYMZ COST 2 MUCH."

Me, I'd go get the rom.
And a 20$ usb controller.

Epic win.

i just use emulators its just my friends that buy the games. i have no problem with the cost of the games as i have bought a couple and plan to buy more. the only games i buy are ones i cant find free copies of that work or arent in japanese or something, lol i cant tell what it is

Games are collector items now, specially the cartridge games because you can't just make a copy like you can with a CD or DVD like with PS1, Dreamcast,3DO ect.

The old systems have a nostalgia behind them and appeal to people who owned them as kids and want to live back their childhood. Or other just plain out gaming buffs that love the history and go for a collection of them. Its more about owning the old game, not so much playing it. If you want to simply play it download it its way cheeper if not free, if you want to own it to add to you classics collection your gonna have to pay a decent price.

I just sold a couple mint rare Atari 2600 games that were doubles in my collection. One went for 75 bucks one went for 150 with the box. I've seen some reach well over 500 or more for one old rare game. Me, I just like to collect them and play them so I look for the best deals on used ones. Even if it is on VC I still try to buy them in original form because I have the system to play them on.
Others want museum quality collection more for looks and braging rights than anything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAMMA-ATTACK-At...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem check out the 500,000 dollar Atari game! Us game freaks are very wierd people ha ha

Guys, I hope you notice that ROMs and Emulators that you download are illegal. It's common sense. If you find something that costs money to be free for download, it's obviously illegal. Plus, Nintendo noticed and now they're making some download sites take down Nintendo ROMs.

*EDIT*
This is only my opinion, but I think anyone with horrible grammar online are less than 18 years old. Seriously, some children don't get the meaning of "illegal" and "able to get you in jail"...

Back