Nintendo + shrooms = mario

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
No. I mean it.

Who the crap came up with the idea for mario and all the things involved in it? An italian plumber, going to save a non-italian princess from a distant land that doesn't exist from a huge turtle with spikes on his shell. He takes SHROOMS to make himself bigger and do other effects to his body. Mushroom kingdom? Really, did NO ONE suspect anything when they heard that in the late 70's or early 80's? Or was everyone just too high off their own version of the drug to care? Thats worse than Neverland from Michael Jackson.

Messed up.

I think its nice. Nintendo managed to create a world of its own. Everyone knows it. If you see one "object" or "person" from it you instantly know its nintendo's world!

No other console has got a franchise so persistent and deep like nintendo

funny stuff Spyro...

Reminds me of my favorite Mario related quote:

"we all knew Mario was a druggie. i mean, who else takes shrooms to be larger than life? who else uses a pipe to travel to new worlds? who else sees a giant plant in a pipe and defeats it with a little flame? i could go on." - the p00t

I still respect Nintendo's most famous character, however when you look at the whole concept there is a few hangups there. :)

Yeah it is something to think about.
But I still love Mario.
It was just an idea of theirs, just like a lot of other games.
This one just happens to have a drug reference.

Wow, someone is a Mario hater!
Mario is a good series of game, though lacking in some aspects. The mushroom kingdom has no reference to drugs, and I'd advise you not to bring your drug induced stuff into this forum.

D S said:
Wow, someone is a Mario hater!
Mario is a good series of game, though lacking in some aspects. The mushroom kingdom has no reference to drugs, and I'd advise you not to bring your drug induced stuff into this forum.
Yes it does! mushrooms everywhere...Using (mu)SHROOMS to change the way is body.
And tthe main enemies are turtles and walking mushrooms...
None the less i love MARIO

Last edited:
What about Super Paper Mario?

Is not the plumber 'flipping out' into other dimensions?

Seems a bit 'flashback' to me.

Spyro said:
No. I mean it.

Who the crap came up with the idea for mario and all the things involved in it? An italian plumber, going to save a non-italian princess from a distant land that doesn't exist from a huge turtle with spikes on his shell. He takes SHROOMS to make himself bigger and do other effects to his body. Mushroom kingdom? Really, did NO ONE suspect anything when they heard that in the late 70's or early 80's? Or was everyone just too high off their own version of the drug to care? Thats worse than Neverland from Michael Jackson.

Messed up.
as i die-hard MJ fan......... i advise you to leave him outta this

and yea, your right. kinda weird how the whole mario thing is. i totally understand....but then again, it was back in the 70's & 80's when all the crack and drugs were going around.........maybe shigero did a lil too much. LOL JK JK. i cannot diss the man who makes my life worth living :)

cyberzomby said:
I think its nice. Nintendo managed to create a world of its own. Everyone knows it. If you see one "object" or "person" from it you instantly know its nintendo's world!

No other console has got a franchise so persistent and deep like nintendo

Zomby's Got A Point! He Just Basically Shot Down Most Things You said. :yesnod:

not to mention.......its totally what sets apart Nintendo from all the other companys.........you know you like it Spyro...... :yesnod:

besides, after all the things mario has gone through......i wouldnt mind living in his shoes for one day........

FREE MUSHROOMS!!!!!!! :)

blueradio said:
Seriously. Worst thread in the history of all threads.
EVER.
i know....its almost a slap in the face to Mr. Miyamoto.......

after all hes done for us......ppl still question his creativity

Spyro would be NOTHING without an italian plumber that rescues a non-italian princess from a turtle with spikes on its back from a distant island :)

captainff said:
What about Super Paper Mario?

Is not the plumber 'flipping out' into other dimensions?

Seems a bit 'flashback' to me.

Haha, thats a good way to look at that.
I never even thought of it.

Back