nintendo uses 40 million $ in ads

GC8 said:
advertising doesn't just mean TV ads guys...

They have put on a ton of promotional events and other stuff than just tv ads.

thats true but retailors do most of the advertising. nintendo maninly does tv ads.

zurukea said:
They spend 40 Million to make some stupid ad with to chinese guys and a briefcase while they can't make a plastic headset probley valued around 30 to 40 dollars. Thats sad

Chinese? Geez, it's Japanese, get it right:lol:. No, seriously, it's like calling a canadian mexican.:crazy:

When you do consider how much profit Nintendo is making, 40 million is nothing. I bet the adds work on the "casual gamers" (the people who play brain age for you who don't know), as I doubt that they go looking up Nintendo on the internet.

From what iv seen i think UK are lcuky with there ads they are much better in general than USA ones, imo.

America has the wii would like to play, thing going on, (trying to introduce new players)

while UK seems t be targeting to normal gamers, imo, with them mostly sponsoring comedy programmes, and some adverts,

lol there is a brain training add right now

Half than and then maybe that can make a better online system with voice chat.

Wow $40 million for this $hit

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=55VwZsmqNDQ[/MEDIA]

you realise that is an advertisement for smash bros for the NINTENDO 64 not the NINTENDO WII.

MRCOOLGH said:
you realise that is an advertisement for smash bros for the NINTENDO 64 not the NINTENDO WII.

How could i not have noticed?:lol: (Its a joke)

thas said:
thats true but retailors do most of the advertising. nintendo maninly does tv ads.

nooo...there is a ton of PR events that Nintendo put on with the Wii.

Unfortunately I was told a massive chunk of industry profit now goes to PR, and Ad campaigns. It's at times an insane waste of money. Some people in PR make more money than Game Programmers! We're talking $150,000 a year. Freaking waste. But what do I know, I'm just an artist. We're a dime a dozen.

Oh well just don't watch their ads. I don't care if they spend their money in ads since they make a whole bunch and if they keep making quite good games then is no problem for me.
Yes I would really like to have a headset for online gaming...and fix some online gaming issues.

you guys have to understand that this is the first gaming system of it's type and that Nintendo was no longer just targeting young adults anymore. If that were true, the amount spent on advertising would be much less; but since they needed to introduce this product to our parents (who pretty much have not been included in gaming since i dont know when) they needed to set up a ton of events and such to get them interested.

Back