Nintendo Wii - Mario Kart Vs Smash Bros

MattBarca

WiiChat Member
Nov 2, 2007
Well all know the new Smash bros, and Mario Kart is going to be released on wii.

Just want to ask a few questions,

Which is better Graphics? By viewing screenshots etc. I can't really tell.

Also which one would you think is better? :lol: :lol: :yesnod:

Well I didn't really like SSBM its graphics weren't the best and at that same time, DS and Gmaecube both had Mario Kart Games with good graphics, excellent graphics, Mario KArt 64 had better graphics compared to SSB 64 ir whatever its called. Gotta felling Mario Kart Wii will beat SSBB in graphics but SSBB will still outsell MArio Kart Wii

SSBB has had better graphics so far; SSBB will also murder, decapitate, and bury Mario Kart in game-play and overall replay value. Now this doesn't mean that I'm not going to be playing the super-addictive Mario Kart for 200+ hours, but Brawl is going to preoccupy A LOT of my time.

My verdict: If you only buy one of them, you're an idiot.

Both are going to be must haves for Wii owners. As for which is better it is a little hard to make a judgement before playing both games. Using the Wii Wheel may revolutionise the way Mario Kart is played for the better. Or the motion may not be well implemented, we'll have to play the game to find out. Super Smash Brothers is also shaping up to be a very nice looking title.

Personal preference also plays apart, some members on WiiChat couldn't care less for SSBB and can't wait for Mario Kart. Others think the opposite. I personally couldn't pick between them, I thoroughly enjoyed both Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers on the Game Cube. With added online play to both upcoming games, it's a great time to be a Nintendo fan! :cool:

Hopefully both of these titles will use wifi to its potential, i have been watching SSBB, the map editor is really going to push it ahead.

I have only caught glimpses of MK, if its anything like the previous ones in the series it should be good, i hope wifi for that is better then that of the DS version.

I dont think anyone is different then another they are both completly different games, you cant compare them

zurukea said:
Well I didn't really like SSBM its graphics weren't the best and at that same time, DS and Gmaecube both had Mario Kart Games with good graphics, excellent graphics, Mario KArt 64 had better graphics compared to SSB 64 ir whatever its called. Gotta felling Mario Kart Wii will beat SSBB in graphics but SSBB will still outsell MArio Kart Wii

It was just called SSB, because it was the first.

Personally I think they will both be awesome games, but judging from experience of both the series, SSBB will appeal to more people and will generally have much more replay value.

zurukea said:

ssbm owns mk:dd in terms of graphics, just look at the characters....look at peach,

ssbm
smabgc021.jpg

mk:dd
normal_GCN_Mario_Kart_Double_Dash_ss06.jpg

look at the DK mountain, than congo jungle, i really can't see why people say this

and by the screens i believe brawl will on mario kart wii as well

Eagles said:
Both are going to be must haves for Wii owners. As for which is better it is a little hard to make a judgement before playing both games. Using the Wii Wheel may revolutionise the way Mario Kart is played for the better. Or the motion may not be well implemented, we'll have to play the game to find out.

Hopefully they have taken their time to make sure the controls aren't sloppy or dissatisfying. Id wait another couple months if thats what it meant to get the game as good as possible. (considering they probably wont release another mario kart on wii)

I'm one of those people who don't care for SSBB and can't wait for mario kart wii. lolz don't get mad at me if you like SSBB i just don't want it

zurukea said:
I'm one of those people who don't care for SSBB and can't wait for mario kart wii. lolz don't get mad at me if you like SSBB i just don't want it

if you're talking to me than i am in no way mad...lozors

however in terms of graphics the ssb series owns the mk series(besides the orig ssb)

Back