NINTENDO's WII U will not play dvds

flowers

Banned
Jun 5, 2010
albuquerque
Wii Online Code
3063-5115-0149-3687
Well nintendo is carrying on its legacy of next gen consoles to not hvings movie player devices. arent they

Yes, I did, at the least. I'd known for a good few weeks now.

Not that it matters anyway, DVD playing is for my laptop or PlayStation 2.

do you really need dvd in a game console? it'd just wear out much faster, then you're out a couple hundred. while a basic dvd player cost about $20 now w/ bluray soon following.

i'd rather WiiU have 3d!

k rocker gay. or was it rocker A? anyway for ur info i have read the rules. but isnt there a possibility that i didnt see the other thread? oh and AIko i use my ps2 for movies too!

Last edited:
firemanwouldbeproud. anyway for ur info i have read the rules. but isnt there a possibility that i didnt see the other thread? oh and AIko i use my ps2 for movies too!

Speaking of rule breaking... .-. C'mon now, no need to be hostile to anyone wishing for everyone to follow the rules closer, not like he started cussin' ya out. That, and try saying that to a mod, dude. :p

do you really need dvd in a game console? it'd just wear out much faster, then you're out a couple hundred. while a basic dvd player cost about $20 now w/ bluray soon following.

i'd rather WiiU have 3d!

Word. Not to mention DVD players are usually more practical in general. I'll take a remote over my controllers any day, lol.

... That makes me wonder. Would it be possible to hack the 3DS to play 3D movies, without the glasses? Or is the technology involved an entirely different process from traditional 3D... Hmmm.

... That makes me wonder. Would it be possible to hack the 3DS to play 3D movies, without the glasses? Or is the technology involved an entirely different process from traditional 3D... Hmmm.

There have already been 3D videos and movie trailers on the 3DS. It doesn't require any hacking. The video just needs to be in the correct format.

OH! Well, thanks for that Skippy. Just the other day, I was speaking of how behind the times I am... I was thoroughly right. :lol: That's pretty damn cool, actually.

why so surprise that they wont have dvd and blu-ray playback capabilities ithink that's why the consoles added in netflix for that reason? plus who buys dvd anymore anyways dvds are more of a let down like music cds and/or softwares since we will always find a way to download free software music and movie and lately games why would we need discs anyways i feel like they should have the store full of movies games and music in the nintendo store and just have all those things downloaded to the console's harddrive i mean it seems logical that they just do that instead like the pspgo

.....just saying

plus who buys dvd anymore anyways dvds are more of a let down like music cds and/or softwares since we will always find a way to download free software music and movie and lately games why would we need discs anyways i feel like they should have the store full of movies games and music in the nintendo store and just have all those things downloaded to the console's harddrive i mean it seems logical that they just do that instead like the pspgo

.....just saying

First of all, better grammar, if ya don't mind. Hard to make a legitimate response when there isn't a single period in a paragraph, lol. Regardless, ways of the Grammar Nazi aside...

Not everyone is going to ILLEGALLY pirate every song, movie, and game they crave, you know. =/ Some people actually care about their favorite company, producer, or whatever to succeed, and spend money on physical objects of value. If everyone stole whatever they pleased via the internet, we'd have no merchandise. Companies wouldn't sell anything since people were just pirating their wares, and they'd go out of business.

And then the entire world's economy would crash and blahblahblahblah... ... ...

That, and if one company sold everything, it'd be a Fascist monopoly to beat them all. They could control prices as they please, squander how well their products' quality is to further increase profits, and eventually Iwata would become a Hitler that would rule the entire planet via immense funds.

Or something of the sort... Y'know.

Well it's understandable....I mean DVD players are pretty much a must in any home theater/entertainment system

Back