No link between violent video games and aggression, says doctor

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Ok gamers, a doctor says that theres no link between gaming violence and aggression.

gears-of-war-3beta.jpg
Doctor Simon Goodson shared his views on violent video games and their effect on real world crimes.

"We've tried for three years to find evidence for a link between aggression and violent video games either way - but we haven't been able to, because it doesn't exist," Dr. Goodson said.

"This time, we used this brand new equipment from America - which I think cost about $50,000 - to looking at brain activity," he continued. "This isn't Mickey Mouse research, we're using medical-grade equipment to do this that they use in hospitals. We found nothing going on at all with those that were playing the violent game. The only time you'd see emotional reaction is when [people's character] would die - that's when you get some kind of impact. We think these findings lay to bed the argument that violent video games make people aggressive."

Via GoNintendo

Is it a coincidence that just today I read an article on how video game's do influence behavior?

noshitSherlock.jpg
But some kids become idiots thanks to playing stuff like COD and GTA

ddddddddddddude i just don't get why people fantasize about killing soldiers..... nnnnnnnnnot cool :(

Thank goodness someone finally proved this, I sick of people thinking that video games turn your brain to mush.

The only link one has to a violent game is when you get killed and you rage about
how "bullshit of a kill that was" or "OMG **** YOU!"

Other then that like its just kids being a beyond retarded human being

Thumbs up for this, its too easy to just blame a violent behaviour on video games. I think it may be a factor in some incidents, but a rather small one.

Last edited:
100,000s of people play games.

One person decides to kill because hes played a game to much and is unstable.

"GAMES ARE EVIL THEY ARE TURNING OUR KIDS INTO KILLERS!"

Those people should sit down and play Outrun 2006sp
No urges to kill, just a feeling of joy

It's obvious that video games influence gamers, whether its positively or negatively. Same goes for music, sports, T.V., movies, etc.

If you're engrossed in a game, then someone takes it away( the kid that killed his parents for halo) I would be upset, but you know... I wouldn't KILL them... I think.

Back