No more World War II Games!!

Ezekiel86

Chillin in the Mill
Jun 26, 2006
Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in
Wii Online Code
4149-4465-6987-2962
I don't know what the rest of you guys think but I am thoroughly sick and tired of WWII games. If the genre wasn't sickening enough we're always stuck playing as Americans shooting Nazis. I'm sick and tired of it. The WWII genre was ressurected upon the arrival of Medal of Honour Allied Assault back in '01 and thats where it should have stayed. I am sick of these games. If they're going to continue making these games why can't they at least make them a little more open ended? Why are we always stuck as Americans? I'm sick of it... Let us play as someone else, what about the Russian commitment to WWII? (and yes I have played Call of Duty but it wasn't enough). What about a World War I game? why can't we play as the Aussies getting blown away in the trenches, or the victorious Turks as they machine gunned down all the Australians? I wonder why...

Additionally, I am so sick of the historical bias present in these kind of games. They always demonise the Nazis (and I know they did bad things but when you look at what America, and Israel does I think its hardly fair to continually rag on Nazis them like that, and before you ask I am NOT a Nazi, I just want to see some historical justice done here).

Why not a World War II game where you can protect your country from the invading Americans? Why not a Desert Storm game where you try to save your wife and child from Americans bombing your neighborhood then snap and join an insurgency when Americans destroy everything you hold dear? Why is everything told from the perspective of America? Probably because most games like this are made there and they insight more blind patriotism into the already gullible masses. NO MORE!!!

Yeh a differnet perspective on the war would be a change of pace.
Like that book/movie 'all quiet on the western front' the war from the german soldiers point of view

Ive heared a stupid but not impossible therory. It goes that the goverment is using war video games to brainwash the youth to fight for america (the theory was NOT made to bash on gamming). Think about it, in the future if we use robots built for war we might have them be controlled by humans on computers instead of ai (never know what they will do), so seeing through the eyes of a war robot in a 3D world wouldnt be much different from playing video games.

Oh well, belive what you want. Either way they are still fun, but yes i agree they are making way too many WWII games!

thats why i love Call of Duty, you can play as different sides, but not nazis =[ but in cod3 i think russia it is is being replaced with canada

Yeh i saw something simmilar to that except it was terrorists using games to brain wash

Lachadine said:
Ive heared a stupid but not impossible therory. It goes that the goverment is using war video games to brainwash the youth to fight for america (the theory was NOT made to bash on gamming). Think about it, in the future if we use robots built for war we might have them be controlled by humans on computers instead of ai (never know what they will do), so seeing through the eyes of a war robot in a 3D world wouldnt be much different from playing video games.

Oh well, belive what you want. Either way they are still fun, but yes i agree they are making way too many WWII games!

It would not surprise me, it would certainly explain the resurgance of the War genre in recent years, ironically from the launch of the first Medal of Honour game, which incidentally happened to be the same year of 9/11 attacks. Ever since then its been non stop war games, possibly to insight a patriotic attitude among gamers with the consistant notion of "Hurrah for America!" flowing through the games. I mean seriously, how many American flags can you see throughout those games?

With games like that, the people will never question their government because the game teaches them how heroic America is, and alot of the time the mass populous will be too brainwashed to really do anything about it and believe everything they are told.

Thats one thing that intrigued me about the Red Faction games, because in essence, you were playing as a terrorist/revolutionary.

WWII is probably the biggest thing to Americans. It was the biggest war that they think they have ever won. I've seen American movies of a certain war in which they lost. And in this movie... they won??? Same with games, Americans are trying to tell people that there army is great and all that jazz. They can do that all they want for all I care, but then they might as well put out a game where you have to see how long you can survive on only McDonalds food.

1st of all u shouldn't be saying anything about we think, WWII is the biggest war we've ever won and the war on terror right now will become the biggest one once it's done. Now let's stop talking about this before we get into a huge debate plz...

I'm sick of em' too, Call of Duty and 1 or 2 others r the only ones that I like.

ssbb_lover said:
1st of all u shouldn't be saying anything about we think, WWII is the biggest war we've ever won and the war on terror right now will become the biggest one once it's done. Now let's stop talking about this before we get into a huge debate plz...

I'm sick of em' too, Call of Duty and 1 or 2 others r the only ones that I like.

Yes this forum is definetly not the place to have such a debate, especially when there are so many different cultures and people from different countries that come to this board for Wii information. Maybe one of the off-topic forums would be appropriate.

But my 2 cents... An American development company would never make a war game where you play as one of your militarized enemys. They would not do it for 2 reasons:

1) When the American Military is in need of more troops to come and fight their countries war, why would they want to ever take the chance of loosing more troops and possibly making more American's move away to fight against their own country, like there already has been.

2) The game would have to be a pretty amazing game to be profitable. The general American public by a vast majority wouldnt buy a game where you are an enemy soldier, out to kill as many Americans as possible. Parents would not buy it for their kids, and most american people, who have any sort of support for war, wouldnt support target practice on their own country. So no American development company would ever produce such a game in intent to make a profit.

Now if it were to be a foreign game dev. company, then I am sure they would make more games like that and Im sure they would make great profit.

"and the war on terror right now will become the biggest one once it's done."
America's already losing there.
But i agree, i do like wwii:)lol:) games, but i hate when i always have to play America..

DarkDepths said:
WWII is probably the biggest thing to Americans. It was the biggest war that they think they have ever won. I've seen American movies of a certain war in which they lost. And in this movie... they won??? Same with games, Americans are trying to tell people that there army is great and all that jazz. They can do that all they want for all I care, but then they might as well put out a game where you have to see how long you can survive on only McDonalds food.

We've never lost a war, lol.

Back