no online multiplayer games... EVER?!

megaweapon

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2007
A-kron Ohio
Wii Online Code
1522-3591-2401-6781
So i was reading in my new issue of EGM (may 07) and it says

"Both Microsoft and Sony are enjoying online play, but apparently this idea isn't connecting with Nintendo. This isn't helping either: SNK America President Ben Herman stated in an interview with Spong.com that Nintendo (still) isn't letting publishers include online capabilities in their games. Hmm, not very friendly."

what do you guys think? are we ever going to be able to play each other on the Wii?!?!?!?

i cant wait for SSB:B or Mario Party 8.......... but will they be Multiplayer Online?!

wtf?

well this is something similar to what we have heard before, that nintendo arent giving rights to other publishers for online wii games..

but thats not to say nintendo games wont, pokemon and mario strikers are going to have online multiplayer for example

EDIT - sorry forgot to say, its still shitty

isnt there an artical in the artical section about game spy teaming up with nintendo??

if this is the case then id say they are getting ready for online play they are just getting the platform ready... ive never played online games on a console so its not a big deal to me...online PC gaming the is way to go.

we all know that this isnt true. i say this b/c people in japan have been playing online since release.

I think Nintendo is preventing third parties from including online capabilities until 2008. However Nintendo will release games with online functionality until then so don't worry.

Japan have online play with pokemon revolution, USA get online play with revolution in june I think and UK gets Mario strikers charged with online on May 25th! Can't wait for that one.

It is also true that Nintendo have stopped 3rd parties from making games online until 08', So we just have to wait and make do with Nintendo's online, which I sure is awesome!

megaweapon said:
So i was reading in my new issue of EGM (may 07) and it says

"Both Microsoft and Sony are enjoying online play, but apparently this idea isn't connecting with Nintendo. This isn't helping either: SNK America President Ben Herman stated in an interview with Spong.com that Nintendo (still) isn't letting publishers include online capabilities in their games. Hmm, not very friendly."

what do you guys think? are we ever going to be able to play each other on the Wii?!?!?!?

i cant wait for SSB:B or Mario Party 8.......... but will they be Multiplayer Online?!

wtf?

Hey, guess what online come in June for america, may for uk, and already for Japn

I must say Nintendo are being Harsh.
But I would like to state my opinion...

If I was to create a system. I'd made sure that my Customers will be happy before letting it out. This is what Nintendo are doing. They need to test the system in America and Europe before they even start to give it out. They want it to be perfect and I can't blame them for that

First off anyone who says they aren't letting publishers have online stfu Publishers don't make games

Developers already have online dev kits 2008 is just the estimate for when the first one can be finished

The possibilities are up to Nintendo and the servers they purchase. We will have to wait and see. Articles like this are trying to prod info out of Nintendo. Gamespot does this all the time with their Bogus/Not Bogus section.

Bogus: Nintendo won't have online games.
Not Bogus: Nintendo isn't releasing any solid info on their online gaming network. Learn some patience.

Thats true seriously search the site before posting this kinda stuff there GONNA BE WIFI JUST WAIT!!!

Back