Non-Nintendo brand Usb?

Zubayr

OLD SNAKE
Apr 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Hello i've been wondering about this for quite a while now. I currently have Wired ADSL broadband and i want to use the Wii Shop Channel. I wanted to buy a Nintendo Wifi Usb Connector but they are too expensive for me. So can i use a Non Nintendo Brand Wireless USB Adapter i.e. DLINK? Netgear? I think it should work as the nintendo one does the same thing as the other brands. It should work as long as it is 802.11 B/G right? :scared:

Thanks,
Zii-Man :smilewinkgrin:

If you have a wired network why not try a LAN adaptor? There quite cheap and work well if you connect with a wired network!!

No

No my PC is too far away from my Wii. Can anbody agree that i DONT have to use a Nintendo Brand Wireless Usb Adapter?

well, yeah any brand should work so long as you set it up right, but if you just get a long ethernet lead for real cheap, just get the lan adapter then you know itll work for sure instead of wasting money :)

cheers,

Tim

Hey mate. Just warning you. I thought the same thing, what with getting a D-Link USB instead of buying a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB...
Okay, make sure you look at what you're buying. The Wii runs in client mode so you need a dongle that can run as a host... you see, not many do this since you have wireless access points which the USB adapters are designed to connect to.

So, make sure you know what you're going to buy. If not, buy a wireless access point router. I'll recomend you one: D-Link 524 ... great at working with a wired network to deliver a great Wi-Fi experience for Wii, and friends laptops. ^.^

Why not just buy a wireless G router? It may be cheaper (my 4 routers are $8-$20 after rebate) and it add wireless access to your home network. Wii does not need the USB adapter to connect to wireless router.

Because....

Because i like my Wired Broadband and dont want to change i have no need for Wireless Broadband. Now can anyone tell me if it will work?

me too, i have a adsl connection, dont wanna buy a router but i am thinking of buying the nintendo connector
simply too expensive for such little thing
i am scared of wasting money on a other brand adapter and in the end it wouldn,t work

do u know a wireless adapter which works 100%
please recommend the best one as long as its cheap

some usb adapters will work but it is safest to go with one of the nintendo or wifi max adapter because they are specifically made for the Wii! And just because its is 802.11G/B doesn't mean it will work.

Click on the green mushroom by the online status if i helped!

WIIMAN999

Back